Thread: Adjustable Fret saw

Adjustable Fret saw

I'm in the market for GOOD adjustabe Fret (Coping,Jeweler) saw. I want one that doesn't twist and holds the blades. Who is the premier maker and what ones to stay away from?

Fret saw

Best: http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/k...s-fretsaw.aspx (or supplied elsewhere).
    Avoid: All others.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Hanson View Post
    Best: http://www.highlandwoodworking.com/k...s-fretsaw.aspx (or supplied elsewhere).
    Avoid: All others.
    Ha, I had the same reaction while reading the original post. I have HATED fret saws since I first used one - until I tried (and subsequently purchased) a KC titanium saw. LOVE it.

+1 for the Knew Concepts fret saws. The only fret saw to consider. I have the titanium one and love it.

+1 on Lee Marshall's "Knew Concepts" saw. You can order them through many resellers or contact Lee directly on the web site by the same name. I had another saw I hated and called him a few days before Roy Underhill came to town week-before-last and I had a couple of days worth of classes with him. I called and talked to Lee and he shipped a titanium saw out to me right away via USPS Express Mail and it arrived the next day.

Talking to Lee was a pleasure, much like talking with Rob Lee, Thomas Lie-Nielsen or Rob Cosman. All are down-to-earth folks who are very good at what they do and make and really care about their customers.

The Knew Concepts saws are expensive and I don't doubt there are many fine craftspeople out there who make perfect cuts with any saw but I know I was mighty frustrated with my other saw and this saw made that frustration go away.

Jim
    One can never have too many planes and chisels... or so I'm learning!!