Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
[/COLOR]

This idea of your do not make sense to the EGG HEADS or they would thought of it a century ago in a way so that it would be in action and practice in every factory
I just think about the number of engineering schools where students produce breakthrough products. I remember walking through the several of the engineering buildings as an undergraduate and seeing what they were building, and they were building them. They weren't directing other people to make them. Most of these places have machine shops for the students and faculty. Many science departments have their own fabrication facilities (my dad's a chemist and my FIL is a biologist and both can tell stories about making glassware). The math department at Penn State has a fluid mechanics lab and its own machine shop for working on solutions to PDE's and wave equations.

Plenty of EGG HEADS, as you so delicately put it, have been doing this for a while. By the way, can you do what the EGG HEADS do?

For what it is worth, I know I am being contentious. And, Ray, you are feeling my ire because you have rubbed me the wrong way on the wrong day. I realize the point you are making, but today -- I just can't let it pass.

Sorry.

Chris