Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Thanks to all my great friends on the creek!!

Thanks to all my great friends on the creek!!

I am overwhelmed with all of the expressions of hope and prayers, and the wonderful comments in the various threads. It is humbling to say the least.

Eileen and I got home today about noon. We had several errands to run - her van was in the shop and needed picking up, prescriptions to fill, and we ended up having lunch with my sister that came in - hadn't seen her in several years.

I am generally exhausted and extremely sore in my groin area, but otherwise feel fine. It may be a day or two before I get fully active again on the creek - but, I can't stay away long!!

As I indicated to Steve, other than the first couple of weeks, I have no restrictions nor much in the way of recommended lifestyle changes. And, as I commented to some that sent PMs, aside from nearly dying, it is pretty much a non event at this point!

I was directed to take off work this week and will do so. But, I do hope to finish up a piece on which I was working prior to the heart attack. It will be titled The Widow Maker!!! Figured it is a fitting title!

There was a moment during the first frenzy at the local hospital when my pulse dropped to 30 and I was drifting away - I will never forget that feeling. The helicopter ride could have been more fun on a different day and for a different purpose, but it got me there quickly.

Thanks, again to all - the prayers were answered, and I am gracious beyond belief.

JK

Good to hear you are home and on the mend. Hang in there and take care.

Sid
    Sid Matheny
    McMinnville, TN

Happy you are home! Relax and take some deep breaths... you made it!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Glad to hear you made it home ok. Get some rest and look forward to seeing the widowmaker. Fell better soon.

I am sure that there is a joke about a lawyer and heaven in there somewhere, but I will just say that I am glad you are geting back to your normal activities and life!
    I hope you did not scare your wife too much.

John,
    Great to hear your already back home and that everything looks good for the future. If your recovery is as quick as you learned to turn on the lathe everything will be back to normal in a blink of the eye.
    Take Care,
    Jack Mincey

"I am sure that there is a joke about a lawyer and heaven..."

Many, to be sure. But the simple truth is, they don't want to become overpopulated by lawyers so they have adopted a policy of giving all lawyers the equivalent of several lives which helps to control the lawyer population in heaven (they argue incessantly and it can interfere with the singing and harp music). But whatever the reason, we are all glad to have you sticking around for a bit, John. It may not be hard to find a lawyer but it's a real pain trying to find a good moderator...
    David DeCristoforo

Really great to hear you are home and doing well. Try not to scare the hell out of us like that again (like you tried in the first place) You're a good man John, and we "need" you here on the Creek! Do what needs to be done for recouperation, it'll pay off in the end. Good Night

Answered prayer is very special, especially when it does not take very long. Super to hear of your fast progress.

John,
    Glad to have you back home and still kicking!! There was a lot of speculation that this whole 'widow maker' thing was the direct result of the stress of trying to keep the sawdust off that shop floor. I can't believe the doc didn't say something

11. Take it easy for a few, John, and ease back into things..........just to let your body recover a bit and acclimate to the stints. We will still keep you in our prayers!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

12. Good to hear you are on the mend!

Nasty shock for you nasty shock for us! Glad to hear you are doing well take it easy but dont take too long I want to see this piece!
    Ermmm ............ lots of miles from Mr S very many miles

I'm glad you are back, I'm glad our prayers are answered, and I am happy for your family. You are much appreciated around here.

I cannot wait to see The Widow Maker!!
    Man advances just in proportion that he mingles thought with his labor. - Ingersoll

John,
    So glad you made it through this ordeal. My dad passed away from the Widow Maker 18 years ago so I can relate. Take care of yourself (and Eileen)....
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

I would bet that it was a tense crew working on you in the hospital. I have been the nurse in plenty such situations. HR of thirty tends to crank up everyone else's HR big time. Get well and stay well.
    C&C WELCOME