Thread: Calling TS-Aligner Owners

Calling TS-Aligner Owners

I have the TS-Aligner Junior (http://www.ts-aligner.com/tsalignerjr.htm) and I have had to add a new dial indicator. However, I am struggling to set the “one inch point” as the stem is either too short, or the bezel is too wide, or a combination of both.

Could some kind soul who owns a TS-Aligner Jnr please post the exact model numbers of the dial indicators they have that are known to work at the one inch point? The manufacturer has only internal part numbers next to his dial indicators, and has not responded to emails or voicemails over the past few weeks.
    Thank you!
    Regards
    Malcolm

Hi Malcolm, Easy Fix. If you can get a screw-in extension tip for your D.I.'s plunger, all will be well. The measurements across your blade at 45 degrees will still be relative to the saw table miter slot.

~~Chip~~
    [/SIGPIC]Necessisity is the Mother of Invention, But If it Ain't Broke don't Fix It !!

Hi Chip

Tried that already - didn't help. The plunger/spindle isn't the problem. It is the stem being too short, or the bezel too wide. I keep bumping up against the side of the D.I. before I reach the zero/zero point for both dials. I need something with a longer stem, but before I drop the money I want to be sure of the model number I ask for.

5. TS-Aligner Owners

I replaced the original one with a Starrett 25-441 and it works fine. I got mine here and got the one with the 1.000" range.

http://www.mytoolstore.com/starrett/dial01a.html
    Steven

@Steven - Thank you Steven - I will hunt for that model now that I know it works.
    @Rick - I have been trying to contact Ed for two week now - no luck - I guess he is on vacation or something.

S.E. Tennessee ... just a bit North of Chattanooga
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Wheeler View Post
    @Rick - I have been trying to contact Ed for two week now - no luck - I guess he is on vacation or something.
    He hasn't been responding to any inquiries for quite some time now. Kinda looks like he's shutting down.

Malcolm,

I believe the dial indicator that he has recommended in the past is a Starrett 25-441J. I just went to his website as I know in the past he has had a listing of several manufacturers with corresponding model numbers. I believe the system is built around a 2.25" dial, with 1" travel, .001 graduations and a lug mount on the back with a .25" hole. I hope this helps.