Thread: Kreg Toolboxx alternative.

Kreg Toolboxx alternative.

Here is an alternative if you don't need the screws, and don't want to pay the shipping. It is empty, but about $30.00 cheaper. I am not sure how many screws 30.00 gets you, but I actually prefer McFeely's. I wanted the toolboxx iteslf, and stumbled across this.
    http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1...atalogId=10053

Strange but this was discussed tonight when meeting with some others to plan our local woodworker club meeting. One of the men had just bought a similar toolbox at Northern Tool for about $20, less than the Home Depot one which is lot better price than the Kreg. You might want to do some checking if there is a Northern Tool close.

The 20.00 one is an 18 inch model. This is the 34.00 one (northern tool) it is the same thing. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/too...3577_200493577

The deep model at the Home Depot link and Northern link is much deeper than the Kreg box.

I have bought 2 'deep' models at HD for $30. They also have a shallow one that is just like the Kreg box looks to also be $30 (?)
    In case you were wonering, the fully-assembled Kreg jig screwed to a piece of 3/4" ply fits standing up in the deep model. The little containers that hold the screws are removable so you can take them out of the box to your bench.

I suggest you run, don't walk, to pick up a 'deep' model. It is perfect for the Kreg jig.

-Brian

Looks like a good way to store the Kreg stuff. I guess the compartments would be useful for storing a few of each screw. I typically buy 1000 count boxes (not that I really go through that many, but I absolutely hate running out of something mid-project).