Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Would this irritate you ?

Would this irritate you ?

Everyday for a week, I log into the USPS website to see if there is a change with this package.. Its from Japan Woodworker..

Everyday for a week, it looks like this..

It took 2 days to get from L.A. to Vancouver. Normally Vancouver to the Island is overnight..

I called USPS .. They told me that normally this type of shipment can take 10 days and to be patient..

I wonder if it will change tomorrow ?

Something is screwed up, I don't know what it is, but it's screwed up.

Sent something that should have arrived in 3 days from here to the US, took over 2 weeks.

Sat in Chicago for 12 days.

Got from here to Chicago in 17 hours, from Chicago to it's destination in a day or so. So add the 3 days or so travel time and the 12 days sitting in Chicago, over two weeks.

I don't know what it is, don't have the gumption to find out but probably some kind of industrial action.

Stupid, because common packages have been taking 5-10 days, but the slow one was EMS.

Stu.

when it comes to Canadian Postal Service and USPS... they really don't talk to each other. so unless you send it via UPS, Fed Ex, etc. to watch it on it make it's journey.
    If you ain't Cheatin', You ain't tryin'...

"If A equals success, then the formula is, A = X + Y + Z, Where X is work, Y is play, And Z is keep your mouth shut." -Albert Einstein.

Based on my previous experience, shipment time is not much different than other carriers, but USPS status updates on the web are pretty bad even with local shipments in main US... I simply do not bother anymore... Just keep the good faith and you will get your package...

Quote Originally Posted by Shlomo Hoffmann View Post
    Based on my previous experience, shipment time is not much different than other carriers, but USPS status updates on the web are pretty bad even with local shipments in main US... I simply do not bother anymore... Just keep the good faith and you will get your package...

i agree, usps tracking is horrible, with fed ex and ups, their tracking info is alot more detailed

IIRC, I've never seen the USPS tracking show me any useful information until after the item arrived...

Funny thing, I've always found that USPS tracking on the stuff I send out is quite reliable and up to date.

Maybe it's stuff coming in from overseas they keep tabs on pretty closely. I do know the Japan Post updates are almost up to the minute, so maybe that has a hand in it as well.

Who knows, I'm still annoyed I paid nearly $100 for express postage, that took over 2 weeks to get there. Colour me 'upset'.

Stu.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Hanby View Post
    IIRC, I've never seen the USPS tracking show me any useful information until after the item arrived...
    Canada Post is the same way. I've had packages that tracking hasn't shown to have even shipped until after they have arrived. Pretty useless.

I agree with those who haven't found the USPS tracking system to be very useful: my local post office clerk swore up and down that a package coming to me cross country had absolutely, positively not been accepted for delivery by any post office in the U.S., tracking number notwithstanding, because their system was not showing it as logged in. Next day it arrived. Whatever....

I've also found Canada-U.S. postal shipment to be much slower than equivalent distance shipments within the U.S..

Hmm.. It appears the USPS is much the same as the Canadian Postal system.. Their motto is " We aren't happy till your not happy" ..
    Package has not moved this morning ..

Picturing Canadian customs practicing knife throwing with my chisels...

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Fisher View Post
    Hmm.. It appears the USPS is much the same as the Canadian Postal system.. Their motto is " We aren't happy till your not happy" ..
    Package has not moved this morning ..

Picturing Canadian customs practicing knife throwing with my chisels...
    The people that work locally to me for Canada Post are amazing. It is just their worthless tracking system that bothers me. I get much better service much more politely than any of the other companies.

That said, I wish they would start to haul-ass on my Sigma Power setup from Stu. Waiting sucks.

This isn't hugely difficult--UPS Ground doesn't show tracking, because it is in a big truck driving from one place to another and it is pointless to rescan it. UPS priority services have pretty good tracking, because packages go by air and hit multiple sort/intermediate facilities along the way where the package gets logged and the status updated.

I bought a #4 Record from a Canadian on eBay and it took about two weeks even though the payment was sent within 24 hours and the item was shipped that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerome Hanby View Post
    This has been my experience with USPS tracking. Completely useless. USPS shipping on the other hand is ok. Just not very fast.

FWIW, USPS has become my favorite shipper by far. It seems far better and more organized than it was 20 years ago. I'm not sure why their tracking is so hit and miss. Generally, though, anytime I get anything from BC (I order some wood from there several times a year) the tracking goes something like this:

Blah blah blah...
    blah blah blah...
    Handed off to foreign carrier...

And that's it. Once it leaves the shipper's country it always seems to fall into a black hole for me.