Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Overheard in the Shop

I was helping a friend with some repairs at the animal rescue that she volunteered at. All of a sudden my circular saw quit working. I convinced her that all the knots in the cord had slowed the electricity down, and I was certain if she took all the knots out it would work again. Well, as she undid all the knots, she got back to the plug end and realized that it had simply come unplugged from the wall.

I felt somewhat guilty, but I did manage to get my extension cord knot free .....

did your friend call you honey after that joke ?

When I worked in a manufacturing facility that made exhaust parts, we sent the newbies to get the keys to the basement that didn't exist to fetch a pipe stretcher when they made a part to short.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Koepke View Post
    I was helping a friend with some repairs at the animal rescue that she volunteered at. All of a sudden my circular saw quit working. I convinced her that all the knots in the cord had slowed the electricity down, and I was certain if she took all the knots out it would work again. Well, as she undid all the knots, she got back to the plug end and realized that it had simply come unplugged from the wall.

I felt somewhat guilty, but I did manage to get my extension cord knot free .....
    We used to live in an area that experienced a lot of power outages. A female co worker was griping about the latest one when I told her that they really didn't affect us because we had several #12 50' extension cords plugged in at all times. Those large cords stored enough electricity to power some lights and the refrigerator for a few hours. She bought 3 on the way home that evening!
    We also had her convinced that Panasonic had just started selling a reversible microwave that would quick freeze. I guess her boyfriend had finally had enough and convinced her that she was being had!
    Gene
    Life is too short for cheap tools
    GH

When I worked in QC/Inbound-Outbound at Whirlpool, we would send the trainees out into the parking lot on their forklift to "fill it up". This was after they had unplugged the ELECTRIC forklift from the large chargers inside...

I did get sent for a left-handed channel locks once at a factory job.

I also have a metric/English adjustable wrench--there's an indicator and scale on each side (one side is metric, the other side is English) to indicate how far the jaws are open. I think it's so that after you round off the bolt using it, you know what size wrench you should have used.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore