Thread: Scraper Planes LV &.LN

Scraper Planes LV &.LN

I recently added a LV scraper plane (#112) to my set - great tool and works great to remove mill marks and on difficult grain. A friend suggested that I try the heavy (thick) blade - he has a LN and offered to loan me the thick blade to try. Not sure the LN blade (0.140") will work in LV (0.125) thick blade. Just don't want him to mail it if it won't work.So in short - will thick blade LN work in LV plane?Thx Bill
    Cheers, Bill Fleming

I don't know Bill, however I have been looking at scraper planes and I would very interested in how you like yours.

I have the LV Scraper and have both the thick and thin blades.. I find it a difficult plane to learn, but also know its my own inexperience with it .. When I use it, I use the thin blade, the thick one is difficult..

Hock Blade for No12/112 fits in a LV large Scraper plane

I have the LN Large Scraper plane as well as a Stanley No12. When I got the No12 I bought a Hock Scraper Blade for it. But i was never able to get it to work as well as the old style thinner blades (BTW the Stanley No12 uses the same size blade as a No112 which the LN is based on). In a moment of curiosity I dropped the Hock Scraper Blade into the LN Scraper plane. Guess what? It worked, and it worked pretty darn well.

So I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that a LN scraper blade should fit in a LV Scraper Plane
    Dominic Greco