Thread: Happy early Christmas to me!!!

Happy early Christmas to me!!!

SWMBO jsut ordered me the Grizzly G0513P for Christmas. Shipper says it's to arrive Monday, thats pretty fast. I have to run new power to the shop to be able to use the bandsa(220v). Should be a fun experience.

Went to borg and got me 100 amp panel and all the trimmings to juice the saw.

Wish me luck.

Thanks
    Paul

Congrats Paul! I have read that it is a very nice saw.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

It is clear how excited you are, congratulations on your new saw! and thank your wife in a proper manner.

I just picked up the X2 version and I'm loving it. I highly recommend the Laguna Resaw King blade and Timberwolf blades in general. I got one of the RK blades and a stack of Timberwolf blades with mine and am very impressed with the ones I've used so far.

If the guides on yours are adjusted using an allen wrench, do yourself a favor and find a T-handled one in the proper size with the ball end. I bought a cheap set to pilfer the proper size, but one of the guides is about impossible to get to without the ball. Still looking for a cheap set or somewhere that carries singles.

That is a lovely saw but there is one modification that you should do right away. Take the metal upper and lower guide blocks and throw them as far away as you can. They will cause you no end of grief. Get a set of the phenolic cool blocks. You run them up against the blade but they cause no friction and even if you catch them on the blade, they don't do any damage or remove the set.

I have two saws like this. One I put on the coolblocks, and the other was the X2 style bandsaw that came with the bearing rollers. I have had more trouble getting the bearing rollers setup right, that I ordered a set of the mounting blocks to convert my X2 back down to take the coolblocks.

Just a heads up.

Matt.

lol... Paul, if I were you, I'd think about changing your "SWMBO" in your post to "LOML", and go buy her dinner somewhere. Congrats.

Matt Mac,

Do you have a recommendation on the phenolic blocks? Looked at Rockler, WoodCraft only ones I'a m seeing are for 14" saw.

Jeff you are correct she is the LOML and is treated everyday like it.

Shipperr says it will be here Monday. It's already in Austin at the terminal.

That's the new bandsaw right? It sounds like a great saw, can you do a quick review once you set it up? I'm mainly interested in it's re-saw capabilities. Although standard band sawing also needs to be useful.

Did it arrive yet? Come on did it huh huh??

Congrats Paul! I have that same saw and absolutely LOVE it! It'll saw anything you throw at it. The resaw capability is great, but I also opted to upgrade the fence when I purchased mine. I couldn't stand the fence that came with it. Also, you'll want to invest in a better blade. The factory one is okay, but if you're going to be doing some resawing, then you'll need a better blade. Enjoy the new toy!!!

11. Just went and checked them out at the Grizzly site. Great saw. Congrats on the new acquisition.
    "Fine is the artist who loves his tools as well as his work."

It has arrived. Shipper was a day and a half late, but got the same time off work so not a bad thing. It's set-up, but I can not use it yet. No time to add 2nd elec. panel in shop yet. You had to help get Christmas decorations out.

I will say so far I like it, the driver put it right where I wanted it. The crate was completly unharmed during transit. the saw went together without any problems at all. I found out it does NOT come with a plug (odd).

The guides look like what they are, steel disks. I cannot find any direct replacments for this exact saw. Any recommendations on where to look?

Should have power next week, and will give a follow up at that time.G0513_crate.jpgG0513_plas.jpgG0513_setup.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images