Thread: EVA key chain

EVA key chain

Whether someone has an idea how to weld rope for EVA key chain. I know for one or two pieces but for few hundred?
    images.jpg
    Epilog Mini 24/35W, Shenhui 600x900/80W RECI, CNC WK1325, Galvo Fiber 10W

Just a thought but the plastic version of this blind cord bends quite tightly and is easy to join the ends.

Paul.

140.jpg

Paul, this is OK but the customer wonts just with rope.

If it's plastic, you can melt it together with flame. That's how they seal boating rope ends.
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Dee I now this and it is OK for few pieces but now I must make 1000 pcs.

ebay "string crimps" there are quite a few options.

Paul.

I cut paracord with a soldiering iron. That could be a option
    60 W Gweike Laser
    CorelDraw x5
    Lasercut 5.3

Years ago, I used to do a lot of Dacron splicing, and a candle on the bench made quick work of fusing the ends.. I'm sure heating both ends, and pushing them together will weld them.. You even develop the proper calluses and heat resistance on your finger tips to roll the fused ends to make them smooth.. But the first hundred or so 'will' hurt a bit
    Epilog 24TT(somewhere between 35-45 watts), CorelX4, Photograv(the old one, it works!), HotStamping, Pantograph, Vulcanizer, PolymerPlatemaker, Sandblasting Cabinet, and a 30 year collection of Assorted 'Junque'

Every time you make a typo, the errorists win

I Have to think outside the box.. I don't fit in it anymore

Experience is a wonderful thing.
    It enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Every silver lining has a cloud around it

Use one of those heat sealing plastic bag closing things , we do literally 1000's of medals with ribbons a day , we use a Polyester woven petersham ribbon and we use the heat sealer to join em , never had an issue.
    One thing I would suggest is whatever method you use .. Do a VIOLENT pull test on it to see that the join holds.
    In your case , I might tie a knot first and then use the heat sealer to nip off the lose ends and squash weld the knot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rodne Gold; 11-25-2011 at 1:27 AM.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

Brilliant as usual, Rod!

dee
    Epilog Mini 18/25w & 35w, Mac and Vaio, Corel x3, typical art toys, airbrush... I'm a Laserhead, my husband is a Neanderthal - go figure

Red Coin Mah Jong

Thanks Rodne, I will try with this.