Thread: Youtube Videos

Youtube Videos

Who has some good videos on youtube that a beginner can pick up some good tips from? Anything from sharpening to hollowing and everywhere in the middle.

Dwight
    Last edited by Dwight McNutt; 11-21-2011 at 9:47 PM.
    The Tsunami is Rising
    Roll Tide
    15 And Counting

Bob Hamilton. He's taught me most everything I know. Not sure if that's a compliment or not?????
    When you approach the lathe you have "the plan", after your first catch you have "the intent".- P. Harbeck

+1 for Mr. Hamilton! Capt Eddie Castelin is worth a look as well. Between the two of them, you've got a month's worth of solid watching!

Just noticed your avatar... I'm assuming you'll be calling my Hogs this Friday when they're in Baton Rouge!

capneddie - Eddie Castelin has some of the most entertaining and informative turning videos out there.

haydenHD - Carl Jacobson has tons of videos for beginner turning.

bobham5 - As Nate said, Bob's videos are invaluable.

Quote Originally Posted by David E Keller View Post
    +1 for Mr. Hamilton! Capt Eddie Castelin is worth a look as well. Between the two of them, you've got a month's worth of solid watching!

Just noticed your avatar... I'm assuming you'll be calling my Hogs this Friday when they're in Baton Rouge!

you can bet your last dollar on that....Doc
    The Tsunami is Rising
    Roll Tide
    15 And Counting

Bob Hamilton has a bunch of links to his youtube videos posted in this link http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthre...How-To-Threads just scroll down aways to his post.
    "If it is wood, I will turn it."
    vor-tex: any activity, situation, or way of life regarded as irresistibly engulfing.

There is also Gwinnett Woodworkers Assoc. http://www.youtube.com/user/gwinnettwoodworkers
    Then there is Robbie of the woods http://www.youtube.com/user/robbiethewood#p/u
    If you ain't Cheatin', You ain't tryin'...

"If A equals success, then the formula is, A = X + Y + Z, Where X is work, Y is play, And Z is keep your mouth shut." -Albert Einstein.

John Lucas has some excellent videos on youtube: sharpening, beads (in the wine stopper segment), coves, etc. Great stuff, done very down to earth.

search youtube for john60lucas

anything by Richard Raffan...............

Rich
    *** "I have gained insights from many sources... experts, tradesman & novices.... no one has a monopoly on good ideas." Jim Dailey, SMC, Feb. 19, 2007
    *** "The best way to get better is to leave your ego in the parking lot."----Eddie Wood, 1994
    *** We discovered that he had been educated beyond his intelligence........
    *** Student of Rigonomics & Gizmology

Waste Knot Woods
    Rice, VA

Have to agree with Hamilton, but would also add fellow creeker Larry Marley at marleyturned.com Also when I started a few years ago there wreen't very many youtube videos, but on I liked was JT Dunphy who went from log all the way to a finished bowl.
    When all is said and done--more is usually said than done.