Thread: How to enlarge dust port on Grizzly J/P??

How to enlarge dust port on Grizzly J/P??

I have a Grizzly G0633 J/P combo and want to enlarge the dust port to 6" from 4". Has anyone done this? Maybe on a similar machine??

g0633_det5.jpg

Jet is similar. It seems like a major makeover.

I have a older Minimax machine that is similar. It did not have dust collection. In your case I would remove the hood that has the 4" round fitting and get a straight duct boot that is similar in rectangular size, in my case it was 2 1/4 x 14 by 6" round. It should be a $10 part at an HVAC supply. If the rectangular size isn't spot on, you can always bend the straight pcs in or out as needed. I'm sure a good sheet metal shop could fabricate what you need, if there is a place nearby. Here's a link that shows what you are after.

http://www.hc-products.com/index.asp...=1&product=772

Is the 4" port giving you problems? My Jet has a 4" port and it performs just fine.

It isn't a big deal. Think plywood. Yours may be made from plastic or metal, but plywood will do the job just fine, and you have a whole shop set up to deal with that material. You make the boot from quarter inch plywood, butt glued at the edges. The round port itself can be metal or plastic starter collar, in whatever size fits your dust-collection system. It justs bolts on to the plywood.

One issue with wood is that you'll have to have a method of engaging the micro-switch that locks out the starter when the hood is being moved................Regards, Rod.

A 6" port will allow for much better dust collection. Sounds like it may be a pain since I would have to deal with the switch.

Dust collection for my 16" J/P

Here's my setup on a Rojek 16" J/P; For jointing I use 2-4" hoses from below (first two pics) and for planing I use 1-6" hose from above (pics 3&4). It looks like the tapered adapter from the hood to the 4" outlet on your machine is removable like mine was, I think that if you remove it and do something similar to what I did you'll be in business.

IMG_0200.JPGIMG_0201.JPGIMG_0203.JPGIMG_0202.jpg