Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ordered trend airshield pro

Ordered trend airshield pro

Well went to doctor yesterday and got good news and bad news. I've had COPD for a while now and thought I'd have to go on oxygen. Doc said no oxygen for now but I have to quit teaching turning at Woodcraft cause not enough dust collection and I can't teach with a respirator on. So I ordered the Trend Airshield Pro to use here at home and I have two 4" DC lines at the lathe and an Ambient Air Cleaner running all the time. I think that should keep me going awhile at lest.The other thing the Doc said was my very normal sugar level had sky rocketed so now I have a lifestyle change on top of the oxygen problem.Thats sorta why I haven't been posting any turnings lately cause I've been sorta worrying about all this stuff that I was afraid was coming.
    Well I think my GOLDEN years have turned to LEAD.
    But I can go back to turning when my airshield arrives in about a week so life will go on and so will my turning soon.
    Well thanks for listening I needed to get this out of my head.
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.

I enjoy using my Pro most of the time. It can be a hassle but it is so much better for you. I think it works very well. I am sure that the 3m products are better but at a much steeper cost.
    I know what you mean about the Golden years. Who ever came up with that phrase was 25 or 30 tops because they sure have not lived past 50!!! Good luck with your sugar, are you going to have to start Insulin?

Harry, Dang man, sorry to hear about your health problems. I sure hope you get everything back on an even keel. Take care of yourself my friend. Dick
    I turn, therefore I am

I have the Trend Airshield Pro for about 8 months now and like it. I bought an extra battery and some extra clear visors. The only smell I have ever noticed is ripping treated lumber on my tablesaw.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

You’re going to love it Harry! Have you started or on any bronchodilator therapy? Between the 2 of those, you should be in the shop until you get old!! I know I harp on it until blue in the face, but people don't understand that the effects are cumulative...there is no excuse other than laziness and I'm tired of treating lazy
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Harry,

Send me a private message. There may be several solutions to teaching while wearing a respirator. I'm testing several configurations right now.
    Lathes: Nova DVR XP, Delta 46-460, Jet 1014vsi; Bader III 2"x72" belt grinder; Triton 2.25 router; CMT Industrio table; Jointech fence; SC planer; Dewalt miter; Delta 14" bandsaw; Festool TS55, MFT/3, CT22, ETS150/3, OF1400, PSB300EQ, CXS; Hegner Scrollsaw; JJ-6CS jointer; Grizzly 1023s cabinetsaw, Jet 17" drill press; Rigid OSS; 9" SandFlee; 3M AirStream & Breathe Easy PAPRs

Congrats on taking a proactive approach. My wife had been hounding me to order something for myself for Christmas, so I just followed your lead!

I just roughed out, cored and finished a 16" oak bowl tonight and blew the old schnozz and no dust on the hanky. I really like my Trend Pro. I do have the extra battery pack and charger, it really makes it nice to just swap and keep going. The Trend Pro starts beeping when the battery get's low.......and won't quit until you change the battery. However the battery does last a week or so in my shop.

To all of you THANK YOU. I started the med's today for the breathing. I can get into the shop when the Airshield comes there back ordered on the Packard site but I'll wait cause their $399.99 with the extra battery and charger.I'm glad to hear from all you guy's who have them and like them that's encouraging.Your health is something allot of us don't think about till it's almost to late Dave K. glad your thinking early.
    Comments and Constructive Criticism Welcome

Haste in every craft or business brings failures. Herodotus,450 B.C.

I love mine and you will too. It can get heavy after couple of hours of turning, but it does a great job keeping all the dust out of my sinuses and lungs. After wearing it and sanding for an hour I didn't blow any dust out of my nose. Huge improvement over my other masks that I've used in the past.Enjoy and feel better soon

Harry --- Glad you are getting the Airshield and will be able to keep turning. Sorry to hear about your health challenges, hope things settle down for you soon.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Glad to hear you can get back to the shop. After going to my Doc a little less than a year ago with my 3rd bronchial infection he didn't have very good news. He told me one or two more times I would probably end up with COPD or worse it could turn into emphysema. My grandfather died from that so I did take notice. I ordered the Airstream AS 400. It was quite a bit more expensive but my buddy at the grain elevator wears one and told me he does not have to clear his nose anymore. I thought with a air cleaner, two hoses from my DC and wearing a paper dust mask I was safe. Not even close. Now I don't have to clear my nose anymore when going to the house and I use a saline solution which worked wonders at the time. I do not step into my shop anymore if I am going to run any machines or clean the shop without it on. I do agree with Jim Burr there is no excuse.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Glad you are feeling better Harry. A wise investment. There is no such thing as spending too much money when it comes to protecting your breathing. All those lathes and Thompson tools do you little good without it. Hope you are soon back to using them again!

Harry, sorry to hear about your health challenges! Sounds like you are taking the necessary steps to take care of yourself. Congrats on ordering the Trend Pro! I started out with the original Trend and now use the 3M and while it takes a little getting used to, it is wonderful to not have to breathe any of the dust generated while woodworking. Like Bernie, I wear my 3M every time I do woodwork and it does make a difference!

Hope you get your Trend soon and can get back to turning!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

I have been looking for a Trend Pro and found this sale at Woodworkers Supply it includes the ear protection which is removeable. they have ten in stock on sale for $359.00 http://woodworker.com/airshield-pro-...su-154-706.asp I have dealt with this company many times through the years and never regretted it. It may save you some time, Harry, if it's not to late.

When I die, just bury me in my shavings!