Thread: Hacked website

Hacked website

My website was hacked on Wednesday evening. It was just a defacement hack but I took the opportunity to delete the old site and rebuild it under the latest version of my CMS software (I had let it fall far behind). It is back up and running now.

I did manage to keep the photo tutorial and "Getting Started" guide on the same URLs. A few other pages may have changed so some bookmarks may no longer work (or direct you to a different page).

Thanks,

Neal
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 11-27-2011 at 5:26 AM.
    1,372 miles south of Steve Schlumpf, 525 miles west of that Burns fellow.

Never, under ANY circumstance, make the last cut!

Added to my favorites. Nice job on the remake. Guess the hack was a blessing in disguise??
    When you approach the lathe you have "the plan", after your first catch you have "the intent".- P. Harbeck

Very nice Neal. You have some good articles there!
    Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life, to mind your own business and to work with your hands, just as we told you, so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.
    1 Thessalonians 4:11-12

Bummer on the hack. Some people just don't have anything better to do. Really nice site and easy navigation Neal. Well done.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

I hope you changed your admin password also.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night