Thread: Short top-adjust cabinet leveler?

Short top-adjust cabinet leveler?

These top-adjust cabinet levelers are very useful. They have a socker for an allen wrench in the top. The top-adjust means you can put them in the rear of a base cabinet and access them from inside the cabinet.

leveler.jpg

However, at 3" tall, they're too tall for a design I'm working on. I'd really like units which are 1 1/2 tall or less. Anybody know of one?
    Last edited by Jamie Buxton; 11-28-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Can't you mount them on a rail across the back of the cabinet that is 1.5 inches above the bottoms of the sides and front. Effectively giving you a very strong but 1.5 inch shorter leg. Build the cabinet bottom with a thru-hole for adjustment.
    Wood'N'Scout

S.E. Tennessee ... just a bit North of Chattanooga
    Cut the bolt to length and make a slot in it so you can adjust with a screwdriver ???

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Wingard View Post
    Cut the bolt to length and make a slot in it so you can adjust with a screwdriver ???
    I just take a T nut and put it through a reinforced section of the bottom, and thread a bolt through with the hex side on the inside of the cabinet. You can put a pad under the bottom of the bolt on the floor if you think you need one. If you don't want it to show in the inside of the cabinet, you can use a set screw or a piece of threaded rod and saw it off once its level. No clearance required.

Or, use one of these: http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=383
    with a slot cut in the threaded part.
    Last edited by Josiah Bartlett; 11-28-2011 at 5:28 PM.