Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aspire Camp @ McGrews !!!

Aspire Camp @ McGrews !!!

we have worked out the dates for the camp and james booth, and tim merril will be speaking, ther will be others, the dates for the camp in columbia sc is march 9-10 2012

if you would like please post here for a willingness of pre registration and i will post a pdf with info to mail in later today!!

Jim,

It's a bit early for me to commit to the dates but I will put them on my calendar and make every effort to be there.

Aspire Registration.pdf

THANKS kIETH LET ME KNOW !!

FINALLY GOT THE REGISTRATION DONE

Sure wish it was not soo far from midstate IL. I would love to come learn from you boys.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Mike,

South Carolina is just a short plane ride for you and its worth the trip to Jim's event.
    For me its a full days drive each way so two days of driving and two days in Jim's shop.
    Unless I have a business conflict I will be there, I have made two of the three Aspire events Jim has hosted so far.
    Honestly there have been lots of people who have traveled much longer distances than I have to get there and you won't find a better crowd of folks along with the best people from Vectric. There is so much to gain professionally and I have met some very talented people at Jim's shop its a lot like being here at The Creek. Much of the information I have shared at Jim's event has come back to me the next year as people took what I shared and improved on my techniques. In turn there have been several techniques I have learned and have been able to add to my list of projects I offer my customers, techniques concerning dye-sublimating pictures and lighting acrylic signs with LED's, etc. You never know what these people will bring to the table in addition to the stream of CNC information that is almost constant.

WOW, hanks to all who registered yesterday,, kinda funny how active the fax was, when you think about it it is almost antiquated technology!! james has asked for subjects of interest so post em!!

i will email confirmations each week

kieth i am hoping you will give us an update presentation on one of the mornings!! i got to visit one of the cnc printer operations at andeson america there is a lot of new technology still growing, i will also show some panel textures that habe turned into income

Aspire Registration.pdf

due to popular demand we are adding one day (thursday) to the scedule for those who wish to attend discussions on the business of cnc, materials and machines

Keith Outten has agreed to speak on friday AM, we will see you all at the donut table!!

Looking forward to seeing everybody again at Jims
    Hardware:
    CAMaster 508 ATC + Recoil
    2013 Trotec Speedy 100, 60 watt, rotary attachment, vector grid.
    Software:
    CoralDraw - Aspire 9 - EnRoute

Custom Architectural Signage
    Mick Martin Woodworking

Jim how is the schedule working out for the get together?
    Joey Jarrard
    US Router Tools

getting a lot of emails (and registrations) the emails are whether there is still space,, the camp is wel booked and you all know who you are!!, i still have space and will give a 10 space warning when the time comes and it is not far off, lots of excitement on this one!!

quite a few are coming thursday for some speaks on signage and controllers, shopbots desktop will be there on froday camaster is there there are some mach owners on board!! kieth outten will speak on friday after that it is all vectric aspire!!
    Last edited by james mcgrew; 02-09-2012 at 8:28 AM.

How do I get more info on this event????

post 3 on this thread has the registration, the agenda is thursday will be all signage and business, machines and controllers, friday and saturday are all aspire and a few othersw, there are a lot of registrations, you are welcomr to attend but for this one registration is needed

We are just a couple days away from the two week window for Jim's event in South Carolina so I hope that those of you who have been procrastinating about registering will take the plunge and register before the seats are all full.

Don't worry about space, Jim's shop is huge so there will be plenty of floor space for every group and for casual conversation. Last year I learned quite a bit about acrylic LED signs at the far end of the shop when a group of guys assembled to shoot the breeze. One of the guys went to his truck and got some of his LED signs to show, they were amazing and later on there was another impromptu gathering to discuss dye-sublimated photographs on metal sheet. You never know what the topic of conversation will be at any given time outside of the scheduled lectures. Everyone is free to roam around and gather in small to large groups away from the lecture area if the current topic is not something you are interested in attending.

Don't miss this opportunity to learn from some of the most talented people in the industry and enjoy yourself to boot!
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 02-22-2012 at 11:46 PM.