Thread: Rockler interlocking anti-fatigue mats

Rockler interlocking anti-fatigue mats

Anyone have any feedback on the Rockler interlocking anti-fatigue mats? I just received an email indicating they are on sale for $9.99 with free shipping.

Charlie

They were sold out when I looked...

They're not terribly dense. I find that they're okay for saving a dropped tool, but give too much underfoot.
    There's also the rollout mats for chefs - that's what I use.

It's the essential part of a longer session for me - without out this, I wouldn't last two hours.

I've had good luck with the Craftsman version.

Blog Entries
    Menards had them on sale for Black Friday (and they may still be on sale, so check)... $5/4 mats. I ordered 8 sets.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Look for a fitness center going out of business. I have some very heavy interlocking mats from a weight room that are 1/2" thick. They do a terrific job.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I have them and they are OK - a little too slippery for my tastes. I could probably put something on the bottom to keep them from sliding around on the concrete.

Weight lifting mats work well.

Blog Entries
    I like them; might feet are a lot less achy and tired since I put them in. They tend to get sucked up by my shop vac and are hard to roll things over (like my shop vac) but that would probably be the case with any kind. There are probably better mats out there but these are a good value for the price, IMHO.

I got all my mats from the farm store. They are horse stall mats which are fairly large but easy enough to cut to size. They are just stiff and heavy enough not to move around but "squishy" enough to provide comfort for my feet. The ones I got are in full sheets but they sell them online in interlocking kits.

Quote Originally Posted by John Pratt View Post
    I got all my mats from the farm store. They are horse stall mats which are fairly large but easy enough to cut to size. They are just stiff and heavy enough not to move around but "squishy" enough to provide comfort for my feet. The ones I got are in full sheets but they sell them online in interlocking kits.
    John, I've wondered about getting these but have been put off by the smell (plastic, rubber or solvent-like) that I notice in the store. Have you noticed? If so, did it take long to go away? These would be going in my basement/ laundry area. Thanks.

Blog Entries
    I have used these for years without failures. Thicker than Sears or Rocklers. I use them colored side down. Plastic smell disappeared almost immediately.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Hello I have several in my shop,they feel very good under my feet but they are not for rolling heavy tools over, easy enough to move them and then put them back in place. They sweep off very easily but they do come with a strong smell, will take a week or two for it to go away. Jim

I have some of them on order and expected to arrive tomorrow.
    On sale they were cheaper with greater square footage than the ones at Harbor Freight so I thought I would give them a try.

Lowes and probably other similar stores sells by order the really good rubber flooring but it does run into some money. They have a lot of varieties though. I would love to layout the entire room with it but would have to have a fairly solid rubber to accommodate rolling the machines around without sinking too deep.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent Shirley View Post
    I would love to layout the entire room with it but would have to have a fairly solid rubber to accommodate rolling the machines around without sinking too deep.
    Larger wheels make that easier. My heavy machines with small wheels bunch the mats up.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night