Thread: 3M full face respirator

Question 3M full face respirator

Hello since the trend airshield full face respirators are out of my price range does anyone out there use a 3M series 6000 full face respirator? If not is there any others you would recommend.

Greg,
    I own the 3M respirator that utilizes the 6000 series cartriges. That series is for organic vapor. The face piece model number I don't recall but it is for replace ment cartriges. If you go to 3M's website (maybe you have) you have to be careful about the respirator assembly. Some are throw aways, others have you disassemble the cartrige itself and refill with new filters, and I have the one you just pop the cartrige off and replace with a new cartrige. I believe that this respirator will allow you to utilize 3M's particulate as well as other form of filter's based on your needs. As far as the 6000 goes, I recently did a job that required fireproofing. The epoxy had HAZARD wallpapered all over the can, and believe me it was bad. That respirator preformed flawlessly with those cartriges. I also have another 3M respirator that has particulate filters on it and that to works very well and is nice and small so it fits under my welding helmet with no interference. Both are extremly light and wear well. They are both without the faceshield.

Blog Entries
    We use the 3M 6300 in our shop and we deal with some pretty nasty stuff coming out of the plants on the ship channel. This is a commercial control valve shop. I have a 3M half-face I use at home. I like the cartridges - easy to replace.