Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pennstateind and CSUSA shipping issue

Pennstateind and CSUSA shipping issue

I mentioned this subject last week when I did a kind of "TEST" on shipping speeds for products and all I can say is CSUSA has it won "Hands Down". I placed an order with both places on the 27th around 5:30 pm within 20 minutes apart. I recieved my order from CSUSA on the 29th. I sent Pennstateind an e-mail last night asking why it takes so long to get anything from them. I called them this morning because I haven't recieved anything as of yet. (A week later). I was informed that it was shipped out on the 30th. She could not give me a reason why it took 3 days to ship out. She did say if I wanted it within 2 days the shipping rates would more than double from 7.50 to 22.50. I don't think so. If I can talk CSUSA to add a few products to their line I might drop Penn state all together. I did come home to a package today but it should not take that long.

By the way "Both" orders was shipped Priority mail.

Donny, I would assume Penn State is a much smaller operation, with a less efficient processing department. I guess if speed of shipping is critical, then that could be an issue for someone. Whether I received an order in 2 days vs. 6 days wouldn't usually be an issue to me. Price or availability of the item in which I was interested would be more of a consideration.

Interesting info, though.

Penn state is most always slow, period. It's worse this time of year. Whats really funny is when they send out emails telling you to order by such a time and day to have it before Christmas. The date is too close to Christmas for them to even get it out, when it takes them a week to fill and ship.

I placed an order from PSI late Thursday night and as of this morning at 9am it still was not shipped. That's just how they do business. If CSUSA carried a few more random products and accepted Paypal, they would get my business 100% of the time.

I can't recall what you were buying, but I've had good luck buying from Packard also.

I've had good luck with buying PSI products from Woodturningz...

I've had mixed results from PSI. Three weeks ago it took them about 3 days to ship a product. Then, an order that we placed on Friday was delivered today.

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    Donny, I would assume Penn State is a much smaller operation, with a less efficient processing department. I guess if speed of shipping is critical, then that could be an issue for someone. Whether I received an order in 2 days vs. 6 days wouldn't usually be an issue to me. Price or availability of the item in which I was interested would be more of a consideration.

Interesting info, though.
    John, CSUSA is not as large as one might think. There are two guys pulling orders and two packing the items. CSUSA is setup super efficent and motivated workers. Makes all the difference. Its a Nish family business and darn nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by Donny Lawson View Post
    I mentioned this subject last week when I did a kind of "TEST" on shipping speeds for products and all I can say is CSUSA has it won "Hands Down". I placed an order with both places on the 27th around 5:30 pm within 20 minutes apart. I recieved my order from CSUSA on the 29th. I sent Pennstateind an e-mail last night asking why it takes so long to get anything from them. I called them this morning because I haven't recieved anything as of yet. (A week later). I was informed that it was shipped out on the 30th. She could not give me a reason why it took 3 days to ship out.
    I guess anything can be an issue if you want it to be one. You ordered on a Sunday night and CSUSA shipped on Monday and Penn State shipped on Wednesday. Any other time differences have to do with the shipping company, not the people that you purchased from. I think that the company that got your package to you overnight should be receiving the kudos and I guess I don't really see what Penn State did wrong. YMMV

Robert, the issue is the Penn State has a reputation for taking their time on getting orders out. I will agree that CSUSA has above average service, but in PSI's case...I can't say that getting an order and taking up to four business days to even ship the order is average.

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Eargle View Post
    Robert, the issue is the Penn State has a reputation for taking their time on getting orders out. I will agree that CSUSA has above average service, but in PSI's case...I can't say that getting an order and taking up to four business days to even ship the order is average.
    Hi Marty. I understand. It is just that if I order something from a company that has a reputation of taking 3-4 days to ship and lo and behold, they ship my order in 3 days, I just don't see where the headlines are in this story.

Copied from Penn State Industries website - "We will make every effort to ship parts and accessories within 1-4 days of receiving your order." Still don't see what the problem is since they shipped within that time period.

To put things into purspective, the company that I work for manufactures Aluminum store front and entrances. Some of the door hardware takes 1 to 2 weeks (some even longer) before it ships. My Boss ordered some extrusion last week and it will not ship until February!!
    "So much wood - So little time ! "
    Past President Western Mountain Woodturners
    Past President Maine Woodturners

14. When I first started doing business with Penn State Industries it was like about 1988. They were a full service wood working machine dealer...........I bought a scroll saw from them, a drill press, and maybe a couple more tools. I lived about 40 miles from Philadelphia then.

When I got into turning a few years ago, I had not ordered anything in a number of years and found out they now only carry turning related items and dust collection. I wondered what happened to the company? I guess Grizzly and others just took so much market share, they could not compete.

They used to be excellent, but now it seems they take a little longer to get things out...........but in my opinion they still do a decent job...........they went the extra mile for me once when I ordered an item from Amazon.com.
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Penn State might be a good company in itself but it looks like they could better themselves and get it out the door faster. To me faster service is happier customers."In my opinion", If I were Penn state I would listen to the customers and see about improvements like shipping faster. I would not want my competition to out do me if I could help it. If CSUSA can get the products out the same day anyone else can to. Just my 2 cents.