Thread: The circus is comming to town

The circus is comming to town

Here are three pictures I just took of a toy I made for my 9 year old and his 7 year old cousin for Christmas. My wife took the proto-type to work last week and sold one so I had to make more. I took the finished one in and showed folks in my department and sold three more. I seem to do better selling at work than on eBay!!

I need to retake the pictures (but too tired now) since the truck seems crunched up to me.. It has a longer look in person.

This truck is of my own design. The first was built about 15 years ago and I have made them into pickup's, flatbed, log haulers complete with logs, lumber trucks and tanker trucks. This Christmas was the first time for the circus truck. My wife makes the animals for me.

The truck is made from recycled pallets and the animals come from the scrap bin. The wheels, axel pegs and dowls I bought. I do have a wheel wright so I can make the wheels, it is just so easy to buy a bag full and have them on the shelf.

Enjoy.
    Last edited by Ed Lang; 03-07-2005 at 7:03 PM.

Very nice Ed. I used to make semi's and trailers when I was doing woodworking as a HOBBY.

Hi Ed, these are great. I know these type of projects can also take a lot of time.
    take care,
    John

Hey that is cool, nice work Ed!
    Corey

I like the animals. They remind me of the animal crackers in the little boxes with string handles. Very nice.

Ed,
    That's a very nice gift. I'm sure the little folks are going to enjoy those.
    John

Ed,

That is really neat! I can see how the little ones would really enjoy those!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Ed,

That looks great. I'm sure my nephew would love it. I especially like the source for your wood. There are a lot of pallets out there and getting some good use out of them is a great way to reuse what might otherwise be loading up a landfill.

Are the animal details painted on? They look great as well.

Details on the animals are burn in by my wife. She does the animals and I make the truck.

I do not use any paint on my toys.