Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which gravity HVLP gun?

The PPS system will work with Fuji's gravity gun. Homestead sells the gravity gun with everything you need and your choice of 2 sizes of PPS cups.

Here's Homestead's PPS page: http://www.homesteadfinishingproduct...ocs/3m_pps.htm I actually got mine at Rockler something like 2/3 off on clearance. I also found a deal on cups on Ebay. Normally though its pretty much the same price everywhere.

If you are spraying waterborne wood finishes, its easy enough to rinse the lids and cups for reuse at least a couple times. I think I threw my first one away after about 3 uses.

Being able to store finish in them is another great advantage--pull it out of the older cup, squeeze the air out and insert the provided plug.

Jason --
    Would it make any sense to carry the remote pot on your body -- maybe a sling over a shoulder? There would be one less hose on the floor to trip over, and a shorter hose to clean out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    Jason --
    Would it make any sense to carry the remote pot on your body -- maybe a sling over a shoulder? There would be one less hose on the floor to trip over, and a shorter hose to clean out.
    I believe such a setup is available. I think by default, the 2-quart remote pot setup comes with a handle, so you can carry it (so do the 2.5-gallon ones, but that's pretty heavy to hold while you're spraying. Even if a dedicated sling isn't available, I doubt it would be hard to rig something up.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Fuji has settled on a new seal which should solve the leaking issue. It's black or transparent colored. Earlier versions were white. If you have a white one order the 5 pack of replacement gaskets and you won't have any issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Martin View Post
    Matt,

At this oing I am definitely not interested in remote pot system. I don't think I will do in-place finishing after this next one. However, I would like to find out about the 3M PPS system you mention. I checked online and saw the components, but would like to understand if there is a kit that comes with everthing needed to make it work with a gravity gun.

My recollection of PPS on FUJI is that it requires the pressurized cups, not the normal ones.

Fuji confirms this (but if you have an older gun, i don't know if this is still true)
    "Important: The PPS Gravity Cups will not work with the Fuji HVLP Guns - so for our Gravity Gun, please use the cups and adaptors as shown below. Only pressurized cups can be used." From http://www.fujispray.com/technical.htm#3m_pps_system

The pressurized cups are a bit more. You would need the pressurized cup kit and the 3m pps adapter fuji specifies, which is purchased separately from the "kits" you find (which are cup + collar + lids + liners kits)

The liners/etc are all the same between the same size pps cups