Thread: serializing in coreldraw?

serializing in coreldraw?

i have to laser engrave serial numbers on 200+ parts and they need to be serialized.
    example.
    000-001
    000-002
    000-003
    000-250
    is there an easy way to do this in coreldraw besides creating the many files and sending them to the laser?

thanks!

Roy Brewer form Engraving Concepts has several articals on print merge for Corel. You can make your file in Excel and print merge to send to laser

Regards
    GDG

Roy does an excellent job. Here's a link to his site. http://www.engravingconcepts.com/ind...d=26&Itemid=67
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

That's a start! i'm only running one part at a time though... anyway i can link the text document to the number of prints ? otherwise i'lll have to create many documents and send them all to the printer seperately... :/

You can it the merge to create one page/record and then send a range of pages while changing out materials, rather than using the imposition tool to send multiple pages at the same time.
    Bruce Clumpner
    Brandon Services Laser Engraving
    Academy Commemoratives - Personalized Memorabilia for the U.S. Service Academies
    Irvine, CA
    -
    Epilog 75-watt Helix, 40-watt 18-Mini
    Started with Corel Draw V1 now feeling the pain of CorelDraw x7
    CS4 photoshop
    CS4 illustrator
    PhotoGrav

There is also a program called Print Merge Numerator which is reasonably priced.

The problem I have with it is that it's copy protected in that it's tied to one computer and one specific hard drive. Since I backup and swap hard drives weekly it's become sort of useless in my situation.
    Bill Jermyn
    Waterloo Engraving
    Kitchener, ON
    Epilog Legend 32EX 75 Watt, Corel X3, Photograv, Wacom Intuos 3 6X8 graphics tablet

Easy

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Vogt View Post
    i have to laser engrave serial numbers on 200+ parts and they need to be serialized.
    example.
    000-001
    000-002
    000-003
    000-250
    is there an easy way to do this in coreldraw besides creating the many files and sending them to the laser?

thanks!
    You need to use macro...
    If this isn't enough contact me.

Slavko Nikolic
    aspen@open.telekom.rs
    www.aspen.co.rs
    Epilog Helix 50W, Epilog Legend 24TT 35W