Thread: two doors this month from firewood

two doors this month from firewood

shane's entry.jpgoffice entry 1.jpgoffice entry 2.jpgThe Pueblo style door has hand carved panels. The arched door has a non flat- twisted book-matched panel and curved end grain jamb head . All reclaimed local firewood.

are they smoke damage ? NICE DOORS

No , not smoke damage. The trees that this wood came from were killed in Mount Palomar State Park by a wild fire a couple of years ago. Thank you for the compliment.

thanks, I were referring to the statement that you save the wood from the fireplace or wood stove, not that the trees were in a wildfire

I purchase logs at fuel wood sales thereby saving them from being burned or sent to the land fill .log delivery 1.jpg

Now THAT is how to recycle!!!! Excelent vision and follow though. Very nice work.
    If you can't fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.

wow great save and nice work

Look good. What's a fuel log cost?

Todd , a good question. The cost depends on the size of the log , and what portion of a total fuel-wood sale you can bite off. I'm small here so I buy by the truck load portion . Transportation costs are significant in addition to the cost of each log ( load ).That said it depends on who you are dealing with, their size of their operation and the time of the year along with frequency of purchases. Bottom line: the price can fluctuate a lot unless you are very large or very vertically integrated processing wise. Hardwoods, softwoods, ratio mix, on and on - not a simple answer! These are just a few of the things off the top of my head that come to mind with the cost of a log.