Thread: Flat Panel TV Media Center

Flat Panel TV Media Center

Here is a design my wife and I came up with for our flat panel TV.

media center.jpg

I don't understand why folks put glass-panel doors on entertainment centers. Presumably the doors are there to hide what's behind them. But the glass blows up that attempt.

Interesting render. I'm with Jamie on the glass doors. I'm curious about the leg construction, too. How do you plan to make the legs. It seems like those feet are going to be a weak spot if the legs are made of solid wood.

We are not trying to hide anything. The HD receiver and DVD player are going side by side in the area above the doors. My wife plans to put wicker type baskets in the open center section between the doors. I am not sure what she is going to put in the area with the doors.

You may be right about the legs. I guess we will find out. My wife likes the curved legs. The TV is mounted to the wall, so we will not have the weight of the TV on the legs.

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    If you lived in the southwest with the spring winds & dust you would appreciate the glass doors. How tall is the piece? Our cherry cabinet is 22” tall which puts the screen at a comfortable viewing height.

I love your rendering.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    If you lived in the southwest with the spring winds & dust you would appreciate the glass doors. How tall is the piece? Our cherry cabinet is 22” tall which puts the screen at a comfortable viewing height.

I love your rendering.
    Thanks. It is 31" tall. The TV is 40" and mounts to the wall at about the height of a picture. We ran the cables in the wall.