Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bad servo motor driver

hense the "knows how to use it" the ground clip should only go to a ground pin on the electronics, the probe has at least 1meg of resistance so fine there.
    L Squared Lasers UK
    2 x Halo Lasers 20 watt fiber
    1 x Halo CO2 Galvo System
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2
    1 x Electrox Scorpion 40 watt Fibre
    1 x Epilog EXT36 75 watt.

First off, when the circuit under test is earth grounded, hooking your grounded scope's ground clip to the circuit creates a ground loop, which is often good for problematic readings. Variable currents circulating in the loop develop varying voltage across any impedance within the loop such as the probe, throwing off readings.

Second, when you have floating differential signals (common for motor drivers), they are not referenced to ground so, even if you hook your typical grounded scope's reference clip(s) to a ground pin on the electronics, you're in for trouble. Even with regular high impedance probes, current trying to flow through the reference lead can cause various problems ranging from erroneous readings to probe or circuit failure. Been there, done that, twice! I wouldn't touch the insides of my laser engraver with any but an isolated scope.

looks like he will have to keep his broken board as it is, for fear of breaking it! stick it in a cuboard and forget about, safe in the knowlede that its no worse.
    Last edited by matthew knott; 12-19-2011 at 8:55 AM.
    L Squared Lasers UK
    2 x Halo Lasers 20 watt fiber
    1 x Halo CO2 Galvo System
    1 x Shenhui 1512 80 watt
    3 x Electrox D40
    3 x electrox Scriba 2
    1 x Electrox Scorpion 40 watt Fibre
    1 x Epilog EXT36 75 watt.

I have a cupboard for keeping broken things, but I will not put this in there!
    I have been trying to find the distributor or contact the Chinese factory, I so far have not suceeded. But I'm not done yet.

Does anyone have a suggestion how to contact "Dongguan Ever Tech Laser Technology" company? I envision a city sized HG Wells landscape of teeming workers making laser systems, but they don't seem to have a phone number for folks who have one on their creations. And I suspect they speak mostly chinese, as it is in china and all. Myself I am in sunny California dude, with a broken laser bro. Sucha a bummer... Let me express myself in a poem...

Roses are red,
    Violets are blue,
    I have a mafunctioning X axis servo dirver,
    And I don't know quite what do do.

It used to work fine,
    It used to be zippy,
    Now it just sits there,
    Like an old smelly hippie.

The good folks at Dongguan Ever Tech Laser Co,
    made a ETL 3525,
    if I could just get ahold of them,
    I could get the parts to keep my system alive.

There, I feel much better, now. Anyone have some advice how to find a contact?
    Thank you all very much,
    Bryan.

Google is your friend!!!

Add:Yifa Industry Zone,Zhuweitian Village,Fenggang Town,
    City of Dongguan,Guangdong Province,China.

Tel:86-769-86801085(5th Line) 86801085

Fax: 86-769-87518015
    24 hours hotline: (sales telephone)

http://www.etl-laser.com

E-mail: hdjg@etl-laser.com

Last edited by Rodne Gold; 12-19-2011 at 11:16 PM.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher

You have strange magical powers

Rodney, I am very impressed, O-great google mister. I did not have that kind of result. Seriously, I have been a-googleing my fingers to the bone, but you seem to know how to do it a lot effectively that I do. Thank you very much, seriously. It is now late in California so I will try the contacts tomorrow
    Bryan Moran

If you visit their site , you can actually talk to a real live person , a dialog box comes up. I chatted to some saleslady on it. Try the skype contact too , it's also live.
    Last edited by Rodne Gold; 12-20-2011 at 1:52 AM.
    Rodney Gold, Toker Bros trophies, Cape Town , South Africa :
    Roland 2300 rotary . 3 x ISEL's ..1m x 500mm CnC .
    Tekcel 1200x2400 router , 900 x 600 60w Shenui laser , 1200 x 800 80w Reci tube Shenhui Laser
    6 x longtai lasers 400x600 60w , 1 x longtai 20w fiber
    2x Gravo manual engravers , Roland 540 large format printer/cutter. CLTT setup
    1600mm hot and cold laminator , 3x Dopag resin dispensers , sandblasting setup, acid etcher