Thread: Simple multi-nutdriver

Simple multi-nutdriver

I'm looking for a 1/4 and 5/16 nutdriver where I only flip the shaft to change sizes. I don't want to hold an unused bit or adapter when using the other one. I think the Klein 10 in one or 11 in 1 might be what I want. (I'd put the screwbits away elsewhere.) Anyone know for sure, or have other recommendations?

I think if you get the 4 in 1 screwdrivers, when you take out the screwdriver tips, you'll have the nut drivers you want. I call them six in ones. Penn State Ind has kits you can make your own. I've made several. Nice gifts.
    Last edited by Rich Stewart; 12-18-2011 at 7:08 AM.

I have one of those screwdrivers where the shank holds bits on either end, with a 1/4" , and the handle hole is 5/16". I also have a Thorsen with the configuration you want, but can't remember where it came from.

Edit: Just looked. I also have an 'Ideal' with 1/4" on one end of the shank and 5/16" on the other. The butt end of the handle is formed to tighten two sizes of wire nut, and both ends of the tool rachet if you want. Got it from HD, in the electrical section, for under $10 I think.

Rick Potter
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 12-18-2011 at 5:02 PM.