Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 27 Natural Edged Bowls

27 Natural Edged Bowls

Here's a photo of 27 natural edged bowls I turned in the past couple of months. Most of these were sold in November. I'm working now to build my inventory up again. I never tire from turning this style of bowl.

Don Geiger111218 27 bowls.jpg

Wow Don!! I won't be alone in wanting to see more of each bowl!! Super job and hope they do well!
    Your Respiratory Therapist wears combat boots

Holy cow you have been busy Don. That is a great looking bunch of bowls.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Don,
    That is fantastic! Where are you selling these and is this all you make? I've made a few NE bowls and I agree with you that I really like making them. Mine aren't as good as yours yet but I'll get better. If they sell that good, I might make more of them. Thanks for sharing.
    "Count your age by friends, Count your life by smiles."

Really nice bunch of bowls, Don. I admire your ability to turn a similar style over and over - something I have been unable to do. I suspect one could achieve a much higher level of skill were one so inclined. Food for thought I will need to consider!

Now that's what I call honing in on your technique. They look great and they sold so a lot of others agreed.
    Member Illiana Woodturners

27?? I would be happy to do one! Nice work. Where are you in Florida?

8. Thanks for showing these Don!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Don those are nice. I would like to see closeups of a couple. Nice job.

Nice work, Don. Since most of what sells for me is the NE stuff or burls and especially the combo, I no longer make much else nowadays. Some of our galleries won't even accept anything but NE, and that tells you something. For me, it is more work due to harvesting at the right time to preserve the bark and also extra care and CA glue to make it stay on for the customer. Whatever one does, it seems like you have to throw a percentage in the woodstove (WI not FL) for cracking too much or for losing bark.

Besides maybe HF's, doing NE's over and over again truly hones one's tool techniques for sure. A testament, and thanks for sharing.

Mark

Do any have feet or just a smooth bottom?

Don, That is a lot of work. Well done.

Alan

Impressive picture Don! Your technique is obviously a whole lot better than mine. The first thing I thought about was all the sanding that must have taken.

14. Some great looking bowls, Don. I see at least a couple of crotch NEs in there. Very cool.

Impressive..I don't think I've made 27 of one style, (at one time,) of bowl in my entire career! Astounding.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe