Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: You cannot fix stupid!

You cannot fix stupid!

First off, it is woodworking related because it involves wood.

I was at a BORG late this afternoon. It was just getting dark enough that I thought it was appropriate to turn on my headlights as I was pulling out of the parking lot. As I was leaving the lot, I saw a mid 50's male getting ready to leave on his Goldwing motorcycle. Horizontally across the back of the motorcycle was an 8 foot 1 x 6 attached with a bungie cord. Apparently this person needed a board! I should have taken a picture!

Imagine the motorcycle with this 1 x 6 attached horizontally. That would put about 3 feet sticking out on each side.

I guess you cannot fix stupid!

Sounds like he was applying for a Darwin Award. Darwin Awards fix stupid, permanently.

I say we take the safety labels off everything .. For the sake of the future..

Maybe it was really a wing and he was planning to fly above the crowds!! Most of the 1X material I've seen, no matter who sells it, is cupped enough to add a little lift. Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

I lived in puerto rico a couple years, where I saw everything, including a guy on a motorcycle carrying a ladder going down the highway

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Beckett View Post
    I lived in puerto rico a couple years, where I saw everything, including a guy on a motorcycle carrying a ladder going down the highway
    I only see this stuff on the TV where someone are riding a bike
    what about two teens stealing a street post and sticking it thru. a open window into the car , then hitting the post end so that the post will smack the driver head

Yes, you can fix stupid... When a car comes by and clips the board, he'll be in the running for the Darwin award. That'll fix 'em...

Phil, sorry, I hadn't seen your post. Somehow missed it. Apparently, we're on the same page...
    Last edited by Mike Cruz; 12-18-2011 at 10:09 PM.
    I drink, therefore I am.

A couple of my favorites...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

Heres one for you..
    Had a customer who bought a used RC plane ( already assembled)
    He put it inthe back of his pickup and drove home down I-10 .... not surprising at 40 mph.. it took off out the back and crashed on the pavement...he then called me and DEMANDED we replace it with a new plane... we had not warned him it would fly out the truck....
    *SIGH*

what bothers me the most.... they let him have a drivers license....
    Last edited by jeff . whitaker; 12-18-2011 at 9:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jeff . whitaker View Post
    Heres one for you..
    Had a customer who bought a used RC plane ( already the back of his pickup and drove home down I-10 .... not surprising at 40 mph.. it took off out the back and crashed on the pavement...he then called me and DEMANDED we replace it with a new plane... we had not warned him it would fly out the truck....
    *SIGH*

what bothers me the most.... they let him have a drivers license....

you should replace the plane, after all it did not fly

That was my first thought too , WINGS!
    What does it mean when you've accumulated enough tools that human life expectancy precludes you from ever getting truly good with all of them?

Scott, that should be a Mercedes commercial!
    I drink, therefore I am.

jousting practice?

Well, at least it WAS a Goldwing. Those things are like cars on two wheels!

My favorite was many years ago I worked at the Borg and a guy asked me to put 100 bags of concrete in the back of his truck, I looked at the truck and said volume wise it would fit but weight wise it will crush it you are looking at around 8000 pounds and it is cheaper to order a concrete truck. He looked at me and said "are you sure" I couldn't belive someone could be that stupid I told him 80lb bags you want 100 add the zeros he still didn't believe me and insisted we put it in the back of his truck (a 1500 chevy) I called the boss who made him sign a waiver, I still didn't want to do it so the boss loaded it about 1/2 hour later two guys pulled up and said you should see this idiot unloading his truck down the street the rear folded under his truck and the tow truck driver told him he couldn't lift the truck loaded. I have tons of stories of stuff I saw working their as they say when you are the smartest man in the room its time to leave.