Thread: broken conveyor belt on jet 16/32 sander.

broken conveyor belt on jet 16/32 sander.

Does anyone know if all the belts are pretty much the same over the years?

My machine is probably 6 years old. I found a new belt on ebay and it looks different. I'm not worried about the width because 16" should still be 16" but the length of the tables may have changed making the belt longer.

I've never heard of the length of the table changing on a 16/32 sander. You could check with Jet.

I can't speak to the size, directly, but am very happy with my replacement belt from Accura Machinery.

LINK

To any interested. I just ordered one off an ebay listing for $57 including shipping. they had 10 when I ordered.

I replaced the original belt with one I found (on Ebay, if I remember correctly). It was a task to get it properly installed but I am very happy with it. It's a white plastic material.
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Aasen View Post
    I replaced the original belt with one I found (on Ebay, if I remember correctly). It was a task to get it properly installed but I am very happy with it. It's a white plastic material.
    Steve

I think thats the same kind I just purchased.

Quote Originally Posted by keith ouellette View Post
    I think thats the same kind I just purchased.
    I wonder if the belt for a Jet would fit a Ryobi. Anyone know the width of the jet belt? Is there a way to accurately measure the length without cutting one open?

To measure the length, tape the end of a string on the belt, turn on the conveyor, and when the end of the strings touch, mark the string, pull it off and measure it.