Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly GO733

Grizzly GO733

Well the new Grizzly wish book is out and the new lathe is a Go733 looks just like the Go698 or am I not seeing something ? Still like the looks if they got the bugs worked out. Worked 154 Hours this week most were double time hours and I need a new lathe( more like want a new lathe) And have to work 96 hours next week going to get new cabinet saw Grizzly G1023LW too. LOML said get what ever I wanted Just want to get the most bang for my bucks.

2. Dahl,

It is my understanding that the two models are the same with the exception of the 0733 which they have added white paint. I have not gotten my catalog yet, but my G0698 is a great lathe..........consider it a little bigger version of the Jet 1642 evs, only it does have a different motor, which is 2 hp btw.

If you have questions...........there are several owners of the G0698 who frequent this forum........I am one of the first 10 people who got the G0698 and have had mine for two years.........it has been superb from day one. Any of us can help you, and take a look at the "Grizzly Green Monster Group" under the community tab at the top of the page, then click groups, and you will see it..........there is some info about the new model, the G0733 there as well.

Good luck!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Hey Dahl, what's up.

I sent you a pm. Get back with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahl Troy Perry View Post
    Worked 154 Hours this week most were double time hours and I need a new lathe( more like want a new lathe)
    How do you work 154 hours in a week?

Easy. Sleep 2 hours per night.
    Veni Vidi Vendi Vente! I came, I saw, I bought a large coffee!

They were double time Mis wrote I get payed for 154 hours plus a day off payed for every 8 hours worked. Long week tired need sleep BUT MOSTLY I'M GETTING A NEW LATHE>

7. Okay......I got my first glimpse of the G0733 Grizzly lathe by looking on their website [newly updated for 2012] and I see that they have put a new motor on the 18x47 lathe. This is an interesting change.........I wonder what the difference is in this motor and the one on the G0698. The motor case is different from the one on the 0698, and I wonder if both are interchange-able. I wonder if the new motor will fit the G0698 and if the settings in the inverter are the same as the old?

I think I will talk with tech support and find out the answers. More later..........

My first lathe was a Grizzly. I hated it. It gave me nothing but problems.
    "My favorite piece is my last one, my best piece is my next one."

I am in the market for a bigger lathe and a band saw. I like the looks of this lathe and the reviews grizzly usually get I think I am gonna take a trip to Muncy one day this week and check out their warehouse. If they have one I plan on checking it out and possibly even getting it. I will let ya know.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Joe Landon View Post
    Joe,

My second lathe is the Grizzly G0698.........it has been superb from day one! I turned on 3 different PM 3520b lathes.....while they are heavier, and have a nicer banjo, the G0698 has the same features and performs very well in comparison............and it is most comparable as a larger version of the Jet 1642 evs.............same banjo, toolrest and features.

I don't know what model you had, but things have improved a good bit!

Joe, what kind of lathe did you have?

Joe my first lathe was a Grizzly 0462 and I sure wasn't happy with it. I did do quite a lot of bowls and things with it. I got the G0698 and it is like night and day. I did have a few problems with comparability issues with after market tool rests and chucks. I got it worked out and it has performed great for the last year.
    Fred

Just in the few years I've been woodworking I've seen several Grizzly tools go from Best Buy (for the price) to Best Tool. I have high hopes that the Grizzly lathes already have improved and will continue to be improved.

Been looking at the 733 myself and am wondering if it is made for Grizzly by the same folks who manufacture the Laguna 1847 ? Spec's seem the same and they sure look alike? Anyone know?

15. Quote Originally Posted by Bill Bolen View Post
    Been looking at the 733 myself and am wondering if it is made for Grizzly by the same folks who manufacture the Laguna 1847 ? Spec's seem the same and they sure look alike? Anyone know?
    Bill,

This is my personal opinion...........take it as that, but I feel I am in the ballpark on this.........I have turned on 3 different 3520b's...........been up close and personal with some Jet 1642 evs machines as well [and others] and I know that my Grizzly G0698 has some identical parts on it as the PM 3520b and the Jet 1642 evs.

It is my belief that there is a connection in manufacturing somewhere with all these units..........I think there are production runs for these machines...........[so many are made according to the orders of the respective companies, etc] and they are all likely made in the same couple of factories...........

I have not had a single problem with my G0698 and it has been a very good performer............I think if one wanted to make an apples to apples comparison..............consider the G0733 a larger version of the Jet 1642 evs, same features, just a bit different switch......[push not pull] and it has the same locking handles, banjo and toolrest.

I like the update on the G0733..........I expect an email from Grizzly tech support today about the motor. I have asked them the difference in this one and the one on my unit, the G0698.