Thread: Ron Hock, "The Perfect Edge", and Kindle

Ron Hock, "The Perfect Edge", and Kindle

I am planning on purchasing Ron Hock's book the perfect edge. I was considering the Kindle version so that I can read it on my Android phone.... I also have an android application that I run on Linux (using crossover, the professional version of WINE).

Does anyone have the Kindle version of the perfect edge? I suppose that a PDF version would also work OK (is that available).

Are there any particular differences between the two? I am specifically thinking about photos and figures that I might miss in the Kindle version..... Or if there are only black and white images in the kindle addition and color images in the book.

I am more likely to read a book that I carry with me, and my phone goes most everywhere that I go. On the other hand, it would be nice to see the images, especially in color if that is how they are in the book.

I don't have the Kindel version of the book. Hock's book has lots of picture including micrographs of sharpened steel. Unless you are using an IPad or Kindle Flame these pictures would be crappy. I hate reading just text on my cell phone, I think reading Hocks book on a cell phone would be really useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McGee View Post
    I hate reading just text on my cell phone, I think reading Hocks book on a cell phone would be really useless.
    There are that many photos then..... I assume that the pictures would look fine on my computer proper.... If most of the text refers to figures, however, that would change things and I should just get the printed copy.

It's an amazing book. Because of my age, reading more than a few pages of a newpaper on the computer (full-sized) gets tiresome.

Lot's of good photos. I did buy the ebook and read it on a iPad without any trouble.

I bought the Kindle book. It looks great on the Kindle, and if you really need to see larger colour pictures, I suggest installing the Kindle Cloud Reader app for Google Chrome, which work great on Linux, which is what I use as well.

Excellent.... so now I own the kindle version. have not looked at it yet on a small screen device, but that will happen in time :-)

I may pick up a print copy just for grins. From the looks of things, I can get almost all my money back if I later choose to resell it on amazon used.

Only read a few pages. I see what you mean by the nice pictures.