Thread: Hopefully this is my only dumb question today for Corel Users

Hopefully this is my only dumb question today for Corel Users

I hit a key last night or a couple of keys when I dropped my keys on the keyboard. Now I have orange menu buttons that change what is highlighted orange depending on the item selected it seems to be a help type thing to show what commands can be used on the selected item it is very annoying.
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)

Have you tried "resetting" Corel? Hold down the F8 key when you open Corel, this will bring it up in it's default setting--you will have to redo the options you like on your page etc. HTH

Bruce
    Epilog TT 35W, 2 LMI SE225CV's
    CorelDraw 4 through 11
    CarveWright
    paper and pencils

You have the "Show me what's new in this version" turned on.

I forget where that is, but probably in the Help menu area.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Dad had his kitten step on his laptop keyboard a couple weeks ago - it hit the rotate 90 degrees button and dad called me to walk him through fixing it - like never found the hot-keys to rotate the screen... I guess that's similar in the way that you had a "Hot Key" problem....
    Steve Beckham

Epilog Mini 24 with 45 Watt, Ricoh GX 7000 Sublimation, Corel X3, Corel X4 and PhotoGrav, Recently replaced the two 'used' SWF machines with brand new Barudans.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    You have the "Show me what's new in this version" turned on.
    I agree. It sound like the "what's new highlights" are activated. Go into Help on the menu bar and select Highlight What's New and change to No Highlight.
    I read recipes the same way I read science fiction. I get to the end and I think, "Well, that’s not going to happen."

You guys are the best Thank you... It is now back to this is the normal view mode
    Craig Matheny
    Anaheim, Ca
    45 watt Epilog Laser, 60 watt Epilog Laser,
    Plasma Cutter, MiG Welder
    Rikon 70-100 Lathe
    Shop Smith V510, To many hand Tools and
    Universal Repair Kit (1- Hammer and 1- Roll of Duck Tape)