Thread: Pneumatic Clamp / Air Clamp Source?

Pneumatic Clamp / Air Clamp Source?

Does anyone know where to find pneumatic clamp / air clamp (sometimes called pancake cylinders??) for purchase? It doesn't have to be mounted to anything. I can take care of that much. I was just thrown back after calling companies that sell face frame clamping systems and charge upwards of $200 to sell a single clamp separate of their machine. I know JDS sells a pair to use with the Multi-Router but I can't justify spending the $300 for the kit when I imagine I could piece it out for much less.

We had a bunch at my old shop that came with some of the machinery we bought used and I would just poach them for the required task. It made coping a relatively simple task--flick the switch and the workpiece is secure, flick the switch and the workpiece is released. Unfortunately, there weren't any manufacturer names or part numbers on the clamps for me to look at.

I've checked mcmaster and grainger but wanted to make sure I wasn't missing out on any companies that I just can't think of.

I think De-Sta-Co makes an air clamp that is modeled after their toggle clamps but have never used them.

Does anyone have any experience using air clamps in their shops?

Thanks!

Charlie

Ebay has lots of clamps. I use them on my Saw, shaper, and dovetailer. Take a look at www.airtightclamps.com for the version sold by Mac campshure. He may have a source that runs more reasonably. Dave

Also look at Burden's Surplus Center - they have all kinds of industrial stuff at generally very good prices:

http://www.surpluscenter.com/

How about air brake cylinders?