Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bosch Cordless Drill?

Bosch Cordless Drill?

Don't want to start a brand bashing war here, but I can get a pretty good deal on a Bosch 18V Li-Ion set. My poor old(really old) PC has finally passed on to it's great beyond. Any of y'all have anything good to say about the Bosch cordless stuff?
    Mick

I have been using Bosch cordless for years and love the brand.

AZCRAIG

Blog Entries
    I've had Bosch battery drills before. They had a line of them called the brutes. Really heavy duty.

PHM

Do you have any other or plan to get other Bosch cordless tools? Something to consider is battery compatibility.

Haven't used their cordless tools, but I love their corded tools.

The oldest cordless I have in my shop is a Bosch. Also have a couple of the 12 volt smaller Bosch drills and they are newer but really good so far.My bosch is about 9 years old. My Ridgid bit the dust (Batteries) just beyond the 3 yr mark.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Moscicki View Post
    Do you have any other or plan to get other Bosch cordless tools? Something to consider is battery compatibility.

Haven't used their cordless tools, but I love their corded tools.
    I'm not a big fan of cordless stuff(other than hand planes and such) , so no, I'm not concerned with compatibility. I also have used and repaired a lot of corded Bosch tools, and the workmanship has always impressed me.
    Mick

I have the Bosch 12V Lion drill and the drill driver also 12V Lion.
    I think they are great, lots of power, batteries last quite awhile and recharge fast.
    Best cordless tools I have owned.
    Gil

i'm a big fan of bosch tools. i cut firewood with my jig saw. powerful!

I too am a big fan of Bosch cordless. I recently got a great deal on their cordless 18volt Lith Ion with an impactor for less than a $100. The battery is 1.3 amp/hr so you have to recharge it but it works great.

I've had Bosch cordless tools for about 20 years. Starting with a 7.2V driver (remember those?). Still got it, but battery is toast. I might get the battery rebuilt for old time's sake one day.

Anyhoo, about 2 years ago I got the 18V Litheon set (Big ass drill, circ saw, recip and lamp). It's been great. I've been using the drill this week to drill concrete. It's gone through like butter. The handle on the recipe has got a stress mark in the plastic, but it's still in warranty, so I must get that changed. I also got the Litheon jigsaw recently, and it too is great, although I haven't been taxing it too much. My only gripe on the drill is it is heavy. That said, it's what you want in a Big Ass Drill. I believe there is a smaller/lighter 18V drill.

So impressed was I with the 18V stuff, I got a Litheon 12V set for Christmas 2 yrs ago. Multi tool & driver. It's also been great, and I've used the driver as my go-to tool. Added to the 12V outfit this Christmas with an impact and compact driver. Also been great.

In essence, I own 9 Bosch Litheon Cordless tools, and they are fabulous. Fabulous as in done what I need them to do, with a long battery life, and very functional.

Many thanks folks...it appears there is a Bosch in my future
    Mick

I am returning my 18 volt lithium Bosch cordless drill to Lowes today. It didn't last three weeks. The gear crapped out in the high speed mode. Only the screw driving gear works. It was having problems almost from the first day I used it. I had a four week old Porter Cable 18 volt drill and one of the batteries crapped out. It was returned also. Not sure if there any good cordless drills out there.
    Life's too short to use old sandpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Glenn View Post
    I am returning my 18 volt lithium Bosch cordless drill to Lowes today. It didn't last three weeks. The gear crapped out in the high speed mode. Only the screw driving gear works. It was having problems almost from the first day I used it. I had a four week old Porter Cable 18 volt drill and one of the batteries crapped out. It was returned also. Not sure if there any good cordless drills out there.

Honestly, you just had bad luck. But if want to hedge your bet try Panasonic next time, it is EXTEREMLY rare to hear of issues with them, failing that you can take the best out of it and buy a sure thing, Festool.

I have Dewalt, Bosch, Panasonic and Mikita cordless tools, to be honest I haven't had any issues with any of them. Currently if I was buying again I would get the 20V Dewalt. My uncle just replaced his 18V Dewalt tools with 20V and I love them.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

It almost killed me to spend $500 on a Festool T15 kit. Best drill I have ever owned and will ever own. the centrotec system allows me to switch bits in seconds. It also never bogs down at slow speeds. It's light and short so it goes into tight places. The initial pain was shortly replaced by the big smile on my face. I'm a hobbiest so I haven't had to use the 90 deg or eccentric chucks much but when I needed them, nothing else would have worked. It's phenomenal.

Mickey

I have about eight Makita cordless tools at work that are abused, rode hard, put away wet, dropped off scaffolds and just generally have a hard life and they keep coming back for more. They have proven to be more relaible than the Hilti tools that I repalced. Mine are all the 14.4v older stuff, but my point is I guess I would not be afraid of Makita either if that is where the deal leads you.

Larry