Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Lie Nielsen scraper plane to try

1. Thank you, Quesne, for the detailed reply. You certainly put the scraper plane through its paces! I have found that there are wide differences between different lacewood boards. I can tune my smoothing plane to do well on one of the boards that I have, but not the other one. I have never had the chance to try a LN tool, so this may end up costing me a large amount of money in the long run!

Phillip

OK - this thread started on 7 Jan 2012.

Yesterday I received it back in the mail: 7 Jan 2013.

Nice Karma!!

Would have been fun to have some type of tracking method because it ended up logging some miles - ironic that every other person that wanted to try it was on an opposite coast!

Some great experiences shared, and it was satisfying to me to let it make the rounds since otherwise it would have just sat in a drawer for the year.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Carl Beckett View Post
    OK - this thread started on

Would have been fun to have some type of tracking method because it ended up logging some miles - ironic that every other person that wanted to try it was on an opposite coast.
    It was just our part to stimulate the economy. Thanks again for the loan. I really appreciate your generousity.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Thanks very much for the opportunity to try it out, Carl. I really enjoyed it.

Also, it makes me think I may put a tool up for sharing one of these days :-)

I've had an old Stanley since the 60's. Used it many,many times on rosewood guitar backs over the years. Works fine.

Unless copies are properly made,they don't work(I'm sure the LN is just fine). Someone bought a cheaper one years ago(Kunz?) It had loose parts,and didn't work well at all. I don't recall what was loose. Maybe the pivot pins?

Quote Originally Posted by Quesne Ouaques View Post
    Thanks very much for the opportunity to try it out, Carl. I really enjoyed it.

Also, it makes me think I may put a tool up for sharing one of these days :-)
    Give us a list of everything you own and we will choose.......