Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Isn't she a <cough> BEAUTY?!!!

Dan, she didn't say the word "gone" when she left, did she? There's a country song about that...
    I drink, therefore I am.

Blog Entries
    I was informed this evening that she didn't want to talk about it, nor did she want to know how much it cost. Evidently it wouldn't be a problem if I was using my Jet, but using someone else's lathe doesn't count towards "lathe use time".
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Hackler View Post
    I am now, officially, ready to accept a corporate sponsorship from Robust (in case Brent is still following this)! I would even let my wife sew a Robust patch on the smock!
    I'd let Scott's wife sew it to my bare chest! I'd have my wife do it, but she can't sew! Hell, I'd let Brent sew it on there!

What no pics???????

So ya bought an experienced lathe, I don't think you quite understand the concept.

Bill's lathes are known for throwing guy's up into the rafters, just ask him.

Say there's a big wind coming through here... no that's Dan's suckage.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Wow great buy! I know I am late to this party but you got a great lathe! Send your wife some flowers and do a lot of beging! Well worth it. Again congrats! Rumor is a the big guy is still Robust!!

Blog Entries
    Pics will follow (with a huge grin) when I actually get it in the shop... at the moment, it's still @ Bill's. He'll hang onto it or another month while his new one is being built.

I'll be renting a 10' moving truck to get it down here, and the wife and I are going to make a day of it visiting the local vineyards. When we went up there for my class time with Bill, she was out sampling the vino... we came back home with a few boxes Concord grape wine smells just like someone opened a jar of Smucker's Grape Jam, and I believe it's our new current favorite. Of course, we can't get wine from many PA wineries here in MD as many of the distributors simply don't carry them... word is the PA yards don't make enough to distribute in large quantities outside of PA. I think that's bunk, but whatcha gonna do.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    I'll be renting a 10' moving truck to get it down here, and the wife and I are going to make a day of it visiting the local vineyards. When we went up there for my class time with Bill, she was out sampling the vino... we came back home with a few boxes Concord grape wine smells just like someone opened a jar of Smucker's Grape Jam, and I believe it's our new current favorite. Of course, we can't get wine from many PA wineries here in MD as many of the distributors simply don't carry them... word is the PA yards don't make enough to distribute in large quantities outside of PA. I think that's bunk, but whatcha gonna do.
    Did you guys make it over to Blue Mountain Winery? I suspect it isn't that far from Bill's shop. I stopped by while competing at an event in the area and it was pretty good.

An "event", Justin? You a ski racer?
    I drink, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    An "event", Justin? You a ski racer?
    Nah, used to compete in Olympic Trap (aka "Bunker Trap" or "International Trap", the version of trap they shoot in the Olympics). One of the few places in the country you can shoot bunker trap is a place called Ontelaunee, which is in Lynn, PA.

Gottcha. When you said competition, there are a couple of ski resorts around that area that run recreational ski racing...just though you might be "one of us".
    I drink, therefore I am.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cruz View Post
    Gottcha. When you said competition, there are a couple of ski resorts around that area that run recreational ski racing...just though you might be "one of us".
    The thought of me on skis with a hill anywhere near by should frighten everyone.

Congrats!!!
    David

you suck..

Dan,
    Have you aready explained to your wife how you may need to erect an above ground shop in the event you cannot safely get this lathe into your basement? Once you swirl the vortex, it just gets stronger!

HA! He'll be in a new house before THAT happens...and I mean a house aaaaalllll on his own.
    I drink, therefore I am.