IMG_0358.jpgIMG_0359.jpgIMG_0360.jpgIMG_0361.jpgIMG_0362.jpg
I made this out of scrap materials to work with a regular garbage can.

It raises the height of the can and allows me to use a large refuse bag in the can. The collector housing is too small for a garbage can this size so this ring raises the height and makes up the difference in diameter between the can and the housing.
The aluminum ring has 2 plywood seats on it. one sits on the can. then the bag goes in and over the upper seat. the the dust collector housing sits on the upper seat. I epoxied some weather stripping to the collector housing. A foam rubber is going to be glued to the top of the upper seat so the bag will get pressed between the seat and the weather stripping on the collector housing. For the time being the housing will be pulled down to the seat with bungee cords. The filter bag goes on the same way it did before.

This way I can just lift off the housing and my auxiliary ring and then just tie the bag closed (to keep the trash guys from getting covered in dust). Then I use a second can while I wait for trash day to have the first one emptied. The worst part of changing the bags, at least for me, was getting the new bag on. Plus. those bags are kinda expensive. this solves both of those problems too.