Thread: Help with job placement

Help with job placement

Hi I am new to cnc and mach3 and I need some help in knowing were the job is going to be cut on the material. I can load gcode like the road runner but what I don't understand how to change the placement of the job on the material. What I don't understand is that when you import gcode and it goes into the box what do I do next to change the place it is going to be engraved on the material?
    Thanks Maria

That is decided in the CAM program using the X and Y coordinates when you draw, not MACH3. Once you load the G-code-, you place your part and find the edges then reset your DRO's to zero/zero.

RTFM & watch the video tutorials, understand what the controller does and how it functions - many if not all of your questions will be answered. You must walk before you run.

http://www.machsupport.com/videos/
    oops ....1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 - yup all there, whew!

what cam software are you using

None as of yet. Have just been useing the road runner to work the system out. Will then use the write wizard and see what the letters are like there. We want to engrave names on items but very little pictures but names are what we need. But I wanted to figure out the system first over the christmas break so that when my wife returns from the phillipines we can work the machine. That was my job to get an understanding of the machine.
    Thanks Maria