Thread: Hand Bowl on Instructables

San Jose, Ca soon to be Mariposa, CA "Gateway to Yosemite"
    Blog Entries

Hand Bowl on Instructables

Check out the cool bowl (with plans) at
    instructables.com/id/Hand-Bowl
    Ron in San Jose
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike Null; 01-14-2012 at 7:23 AM. Reason: removed link to other forum
    [/SIGPIC] Epilog Mini 24 - 45 watt, 3 Melco Amaya's with DesignShop, Roland PC-600 Printer/Plotter, Roland Camm-1 and 1050 plotter and a 6 color 4 station screen printing press. CorelDraw X3,X4 and X5 plus PhotoGrav 3.0

That's pretty neat Ron, someone has certainly spent a fair amount of time working that out.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

I dowloaded a pdf of the Hand Bowl and the file seemed to be messed up. I am waiting fro someone else to look at it.

Bruce
    Hardware: Chinese Laser
    GWeike C1290 80 watt Reci laser
    Home built CNC, Joe's hybrid 4x4
    12" Delta Bandsaw, Jet Table Saw
    Router table, and more.
    Software: CorelDraw Suite 5x
    PhotoShop 7,

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Dorworth View Post
    I dowloaded a pdf of the Hand Bowl and the file seemed to be messed up. I am waiting fro someone else to look at it.
    I have no idea what is on the PDF (you have to be a "pro" member of Instructables to download it), but the actual plans are the three EPS files on step four or thereabouts. X4 loaded the first one ok, haven't looked at the others yet. Appears to be set up for a laser with 24"x36" or so bed size, but the layout is extremely loose.
    Yoga class makes me feel like a total stud, mostly because I'm about as flexible as a 2x4.
    "Design"? Possibly. "Intelligent"? Sure doesn't look like it from this angle.
    We used to be hunter gatherers. Now we're shopper borrowers.
    The three most important words in the English language: "Front Towards Enemy".
    The world makes a lot more sense when you remember that Butthead was the smart one.
    You can never be too rich, too thin, or have too much ammo.

I was able to bring up all 3 files with X5. Lee is right, there is plenty of room to fit things in a little tighter on a sheet.
    Ron
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Epilog Zing 16 (35 Watt)
    Vanguard 3000 (old rotary workhorse)
    Corel Draw 12 & X5
    Sublimation Ricoh GX7000
    Chapellaz's Trophies

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Chapellaz View Post
    I was able to bring up all 3 files with X5. Lee is right, there is plenty of room to fit things in a little tighter on a sheet.
    Just a guess here (giving the author the benefit of the doubt) but they seem to be perfectly
    spaced to allow you to put the parts back in groups. There is just enough room to use the
    pick tool and put a border around each part to re-group them. I don't think EPS allows groups.
    First thing I did is put them back in groups to make them more manageable.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Stone View Post
    Just a guess here (giving the author the benefit of the doubt) but they seem to be perfectly
    spaced to allow you to put the parts back in groups. There is just enough room to use the
    pick tool and put a border around each part to re-group them. I don't think EPS allows groups.
    First thing I did is put them back in groups to make them more manageable.
    You planning on making one Chuck?? If you do let me know how it all works out.
    Ron
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Epilog Zing 16 (35 Watt)
    Vanguard 3000 (old rotary workhorse)
    Corel Draw 12 & X5
    Sublimation Ricoh GX7000
    Chapellaz's Trophies

Ron .. it's just the kind of thing I'd try once!
    I'll need to do some resizing, and I've only got
    a casual understanding of Corel.. so it will be
    on my list of things to do.

There's a program that makes that super easy from AutoCad right now. I think it's 123Make or 123 Design. It'll take any 3D model and slice it and export the eps file, allowing for the laser kerf too. It's only available for Mac's at the moment, but the demo shows what it'll do fairly well.

http://www.123dapp.com/make
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.