Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unifence Question

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Schaffter View Post
    Yup T-slot on new fence rail. Biggest issues in my mind with Unifence is ease of attaching jigs- not hard, but sometimes requires a little ingenuity, and switching from left to right side of blade- not hard, just takes some time (30 secs?). I picked up a spare casting so all I need to do is slide the fence from one casting to the other. Someday I hope to find an inexpensive spare fence so I have two complete assemblies.
    I Love my unifence and wouldn't have anything else. One thing I did do was add a peach tree uni-t fence for this exact reason.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The auxiliary after market fence makes jig attachment somewhat easier. However, since the Unifence is attached to the front rail only, sometimes it is necessary to clamp the rear end down.Aux-Fence.jpg

Question for Jim Becker, I've seen these after market fences at the wood show before but don't remember the company, do you have a reference. Thanks

Go to www.ttrackusa.com Auxiliary fence. Dave

http://www.ttrackusa.com/unifence.htm

A friend has one and really likes it. There's really only 2 things I clamp to my fence anymore--a short fence for doing repeated cuts with the miter gauge which the unifence can do for you, and a sacrificial fence will I'll just make taller.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stoops View Post
    The auxiliary after market fence makes jig attachment somewhat easier. However, since the Unifence is attached to the front rail only, sometimes it is necessary to clamp the rear end down.
    All of the Biessemeyer type fences also only attach to the front rail and that can also require some added support at the back for certain type of jigging to avoid deflection.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I have a fence I bought / traded from a guy 10yrs ago on this forum, looks like a cross between a Uni and a Biesemeyer.
    The fence is a "T" style with the square tube in the center and poly sides, but mounts to a steel rail similiar in design to
    the aluminum Uni with the same locking mechanism. If I recall correctly it was manufactured by an aircraft company in
    Colorado. Never installed it , sold the saw it was to go on, been dragging it around through 2 moves? Oh and for some
    reason it was painted Mustard Yellow!

Didn't want hijack this thread but maybe the answer to the "Great Uni-Bies coundrum" Maybe someday I'll luck onto a
    $250 "Unisawer" that needs a fence? Hope always springs eternal.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Meiser View Post
    http://www.ttrackusa.com/unifence.htm

A friend has one and really likes it. There's really only 2 things I clamp to my fence anymore--a short fence for doing repeated cuts with the miter gauge which the unifence can do for you, and a sacrificial fence will I'll just make taller.
    Like Delta advertises and like Norm, I would slide my Unifence back to use it as a cutoff fence. I found that was a bit awkward- I was always running into the two or so feet of fence sticking out on the operators side! My solution was a short little spacer fence that I clamp to the Unifence. I carefully milled its thickness (to 3/4" ?) so I can use the horizontal fence position cursor- quite convenient.