Thread: Man handleling a machine

Man handleling a machine

I dont think I would let this guy work on my CNC machine

I think they kid that yelled "Push Stop" was the only one that had any sence.

That kid is lucky he still has all his body parts. That easily could have ended VERY badly for him.

Was he really testing the machine's strength? There's obviously at least one dimwit there but I can't tell for certain whether he put himself in a dangerous position while trying to loosen the chuck and someone turned the machine on or if he really thought he had a chance against the machine.

And yeah, that could have turned out far, far worse.
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3

they did it on purpose. why else were they filming? some people are just stupid
    14x48 custom 2hp 9gear lathe
    9 inch pre 1940 craftsman lathe
    36 inch 1914 Sydney bandsaw (BEAST)
    Wood in every shelf and nook and cranny,,, seriously too much wood!

Quote Originally Posted by curtis rosche View Post
    they did it on purpose. why else were they filming? some people are just stupid
    There's almost always more possibilities than the obvious. Perhaps they were filming because Sasquatch tightened the chuck and they were having a competition to see who could loosen it.
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3

Nah... those are right hand threads. He'd have to be pulling from the opposite side of the machine, and I'm not sure those things have a reversing mechanism...

If you've seen the graphic pictures of people getting chewed up and killed by those things, you'd not be pulling something stupid like you see in the video. I'm so grossed out by them I won't even post a link...
    Last edited by Jim Underwood; 01-15-2012 at 11:54 PM.
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Underwood View Post
    Nah... those are right hand threads. He'd have to be pulling from the opposite side of the machine, and I'm not sure those things have a reversing mechanism...

If you've seen the graphic pictures of people getting chewed up and killed by those things, you'd not be pulling something stupid like you see in the video. I'm so grossed out by them I won't even post a link...
    One would think that if those kids had even seen that small lathe running they would know better but obviously that doesn't seem to be the case.

Very stupid.
    CAMaster CR-408 Cobra X3