Thread: Delta - Please hurry

Delta - Please hurry

Im still waiting on my lathe to get here, Delta 46-460. I wish they'd pick up the pace just a little...

In anticipation (along w/ making up my end of a trade) i hit the wood lot this afternoon and cut a couple black walnut blanks and some apple. The walnut ive had in firewood length over a year but managed to get a couple decent sized pieces. The apple we cut down last week and i got 3 blanks. Id hoped to get more but there was a lot of rot and most of the limbs were hollow.

I need to go cut some more peices as I had an order placed this weekend for some stuff (funny there as i cant do the work and i get my first order ).

only way to make the waiting bearable, is treat the mailbox as if it were a fish, sort of keep throwing different lures til it bites, course it probably will not come in the mail

David, congrats on your first order, but you may have gotten the cart before the horse! Hope the Delta gets there soon! You will love it - great lathe.

Wow! Congrats on your first order!! Hope you get the lathe soon! Looking forward to the photos!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

Quote Originally Posted by John Keeton View Post
    David, congrats on your first order, but you may have gotten the cart before the horse! Hope the Delta gets there soon! You will love it - great lathe.
    I sure wasnt out looking for orders but had some stuff with me that Dr Keller had made. I was telling this lady id ordered a lathe of my own and now she wants some stuff. I wont see her again till mid april so ive got plenty of time.

It'll be here soon enough, but you've still got time to get your turning stock built up! The order is a great deal... It helps maintain the illusion that this hobby will be money maker!

Patience grasshopper. Hope it arrives soon.

Dan
    Eternity is an awfully long time, especially toward the end.

-Woody Allen-

Critiques on works posted are always welcome

Hi,
    Just to let you know...I ordered my 46-460 on Dec 10, 2011 and just picked it up last Saturday!

So you should be getting it soon I hope.

Ed

@Ed - was yours on backorder? I know delta was backordered at the company level. Where did you get it?

David,
    Yes mine was back-ordered. Bought it from Mueller's in Cincinnati, Oh.

Both Woodcraft and Rockler have them back in stock now, so I'm thinking yours should be on it's way.

As Tom Petty sang...the waiting is the hardest part.

Just got an email from Peter at Toolnut w/ a tracking number...DELTA IS COMING HOME! Its in transit to be delivered tomorrow.

I guess im gonna have to go cut up that load of wood in the back of my truck now...