Thread: Smalll gloat and a newbie question

Smalll gloat and a newbie question

Sunday night I had a different experience!!! Was in the shop and was looking at my very small collection of users, (bedrock 608 with welded cap, 607 with brazed side, Bailey 7 and Bailey 5, plus a block plane that I've owned for overe 50 years, but no markings. My wife came in, looked at the planes and said "why not start a collection since you enjoy them so much." I think that's aa small gloat. My question is can someone direct me to a link telling me how to put pictures on my messages and my name? I don't want to offend the picture police!!!
    Ed

Posting Pictures

Ed,

You can get all the information on posting pictures (attachements) in the FAQ section of the website.

When you create a message or reply, scroll down to the bottom and click on the Manage Attachments button. A new window will open and let you browse your computer for the location of your picture file. Once select, click the Upload button.

TJ

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Breen
    My question is can someone direct me to a link telling me how to put pictures on my messages and my name? I don't want to offend the picture police!!!
    Ed
    Hi Ed:

Get your digital pictures on your computer, either your hard drive or on a CD-ROM, and then draft your message right here at SMC.

1) Instead of hitting "Submit Reply", click on "Preview Post", which brings you to a more elaborate screen with your draft message.

2) Scroll down to the bottom until you see the "Manage Attachments" button, and click that. You'll see an "Upload File" window appear.

3) Click the "Browse" button and navigate to whatever drive/directory you pictures are in, highlight the one you want and click "Open".

4) Next you'll be returned to the "Upload File" window with the directory path to the image you selected in the Upload File text box. Now you have to click the "Upload" button to actually attach it to your message.

5) You need to repeat this whole process if you want to post a second or third picture.

It's really less complicated than it sounds. The important things to remember are one, go to the "Preview Post" option, and two, click on "Manage Files". Neither are terribly intuitive names for attaching pictures, which is what makes the process a little harder than it should be.

HTH,
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Breen
    My wife came in, looked at the planes and said "why not start a collection since you enjoy them so much."
    Oohhh, very nice - very nice words........I've heard them too!!