Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dewalt DW621 Router Bushing Adapter?

Dewalt DW621 Router Bushing Adapter?

Is there a bushing adapter for the 621 to use standard Porter Cable Bushings? I find it odd that it didn't already come with one. But I also am unable to find one on the web. Do all of you 621 users not use PC bushings? What do you use for template guides?

James

My DW621 came with a template guide busing adapter which is a round metal plate the fits in the base. If you go to the DeWalt website it is listed as coming with the router. You can also go to their website and find the part and order it.

I bought this from Pat Warner:
    http://www.patwarner.com/round_subbase.html

If you don't already have the adaptor, I highly recommend Pat's subbases. They are exceptionally well made....

Quote Originally Posted by Lit Jones View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Frank View Post
    My DW621 came with a template guide busing adapter which is a round metal plate the fits in the base. If you go to the DeWalt website it is listed as coming with the router. You can also go to their website and find the part and order it.
    Larry is this what you are referring to? This is the template guide that came with the router. It is .944" or 23.96mm. Calculating the off set for it will be a hassle.

James
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Lit Jones View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Martin View Post
    If you don't already have the adaptor, I highly recommend Pat's subbases. They are exceptionally well made....
    Is this the only option out there? I like the looks of the quality of Pat's stuff. I will definitely take this into consideration. How would it effect dust collection? Seems that there should be some additional holes for dust collection. Perhaps that is not possible.

James

Quote Originally Posted by James White View Post
    Larry is this what you are referring to? This is the template guide that came with the router. It is .944" or 23.96mm. Calculating the off set for it will be a hassle.

James
    Both of my 621's came with an adaptor that looks similiar to your pic but are made to accomodate PC bushings. If you have the exploded view it should have a DeWalt part#, I can look it up tonight for you if no one else comes up with it first.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lanciani View Post
    Both of my 621's came with an adaptor that looks similiar to your pic but are made to accomodate PC bushings. If you have the exploded view it should have a DeWalt part#, I can look it up tonight for you if no one else comes up with it first.
    John,

I just checked my manual. There is no parts diagram. I looked on Dewalt's site. My router is a type 3. However the part # for all three types is coming up as 329120. Could you take a look at your manual and see if you have a different part #.

Can anyone with Pat's base comment on dust collection before and after adding the base.

James

David,

Thank you. It says compatible with type 1 and type 2. I hope it is the same. Ill bet Dewalt has changed the part for all three. As the parts diagram shows my style bushing for all three types rather than the one in your link.

John,

Will you check the outside diameter of your adapter. Mine is measuring 73.97mm or 2.912".

James

S.E. Tennessee ... just a bit North of Chattanooga
    As easy as it is to make a baseplate and adapt it for PC bushings, I wouldn't even consider searching for and buying one.

74mm across, 3.6mm thick.

Blog Entries
    +1 on a Pat Warner base. Best improvement for the money on a few of my routers.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by John Lanciani View Post
    74mm across, 3.6mm thick.
    Perfect! Thank you!

Glen,

What about dust collection? Have you compared it before and after mounting the new base? I looked at my 618 today. It has a plexi base but also has the dust collection cut outs. I realy like that Pat's bases are oversized and machined to have the bore concentric to the perimeter. Not to mention accurately placed mounting holes. I think for $23 it would be much better than any quick and dirty job.

James