Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: spiral bowl from a board???

spiral bowl from a board???

I am still on my kick of trying to give the lowly" bowl from a board "a jump start to respectability!

I think I may have made the first ever through spiral bowl from a board. I have never seen it done before. (I did make a through flute bowl from a board hollowform awhile back)
    This was quite a challenge to sand & finish.as the top has unsupported sharp points. FUN Very cool to watch spin too!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Michelle Rich; 01-19-2012 at 5:59 PM.
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

WOW! You have me sold on the respectability of the bowl from a board.

You keep raising the bar on BfromB and it will become the standard!

You really are a risk taker Michelle, and now you're headed into the area of Virginia Dotson's work if you're familiar with her. Keep up the exploration!

Hi jamie..yes I know Virginia dotson's work. she makes great plywood pieces with spiral openings! She was definately an influence!
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Dog gone! We might as well all pack up and go home! That is so cool...do you sleep at all at night or is your little brain spinning like a bowl thinking stuff through every time you close your eyes?

does seem i'm a tad manic doesn't it?

That looks awesome Michelle, always pushing the envelope, very nice.
    When you approach the lathe you have "the plan", after your first catch you have "the intent".- P. Harbeck

Great work as usual Michele! For some reason, all I could think about was what would happen if you put the lathe in reverse?

Oh yeah I love it! And I think it may be a first also.

Sid
    Sid Matheny
    McMinnville, TN

Michelle, is there anything you can't do? It sure seems like everything you do is amazing....

Great looking bowl!
    Doug Swanson

Where are John Keeton and Steve Schlumpf anyway?

12. Wowzers! That R NICE!!!! Great creativity displayed, Michelle...........gotta luv it!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

I think you have the board bowl down. That's great.

I'm thinking you'd have to take a break every couple of minutes to keep from falling over from dizziness. Simply amazing, Michelle!

Pretty cool! You've definitely elevated the bowl from a board... And given it a little twist!