Thread: Good deal or not?

Good deal or not?

All this for 550$ Good deal or not its only about 10 min from the house I only really want the band saw and maybe the bench top jointer so most the rest would prolly get re-listed. I am thinking it would be a good deal.

http://scranton.craigslist.org/tls/2806891823.html
    Last edited by Brian Palmer; 01-20-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Doesn't look like a bad deal, but is it the equipment you would want? The jointer is a little light and a little short, but I've seen a lot of folks using that bench top model (think Norm even had one). The lathe and bandsaw look like typical Craftsman modern era power tools, you can probably make them work, not sure if you'll really be happy. The scroll saw I know nothing about, but a "bad" scroll saw is a miserable thing to use.

For that money you could probably find an older 14" Delta/Rockwell bandsaw and a free standing 6" jointer and maybe have enough left over to buy the equivalent lathe. All used of course.

The lathe I deff would re-sell I have a jet 1642(just got), i have a 8" jointer I was thinking the bench top size might be nice for smaller projects like laminated pen blanks ect. And my father in law just gave me a Delta 15" 40-150 Scroll saw so the scroll saw would prolly end up on ebay also. Might keep some of the lathe tools but who know so the band saw is all I am defiantly interested in.

If you're not interested in the whole package I would say it's not a great value. To me the two items that you are interested in are worth no more than about $250 together.