Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need some help ID'ing a Lathe

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Donaldson View Post
    David, you mean like the tailstocks on a Oneway or Mustard Monster?
    Exactly! I've got a swing away on mine, but I don't know that it would fit on Big Blue there.

What about the spindle diameter & TPI if you can't put standard wood turning chucks, faceplate & #2 or 3 taper in the spindle or tail stock I'd pass it by. Unless you want to have a new spindle & ram made. As I understand it 1", 1 1/4" or 1 1/2" x 8 threads per inch is common spindle size.

I am not sure how many chucks etc are available for the 1 1/2" x 8 TPI spindle.

A little free information to read.

http://www.bigtreetools.com/articles/Todays-Lathes.pdf
    Last edited by Bart Leetch; 01-20-2012 at 10:50 PM.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

Nice looking lathe for bowls. If the mt and spindle are a standard size should make a nice tool, especially if you add a vfd. Did a couple of googles, looks like there was a company J.H. Williams that may have made lathes. Found some tooling, but no pictures of lathes. If the price is right it looks like a nice addition.

Well, unfortunately, I'm never find out.
    It seems the seller sold the entire business, including both lathes. Never even saw it in person.
    Too bad because it would have been interesting to watch (or even try) metal spinning.

Jamie, I was wondering the same thing... Looks like it is all equiped. Just need a VFD....that'll run you about $200.
    I drink, therefore I am.