Thread: EZ Smartguide first impressions

EZ Smartguide first impressions

My EZ arrived yesterday. I ordered the plastic storage case so I wouldn't have to find or build a box to store it in. Seems very well constructed. I drilled the holes in my saw base last night and mounted it on the guide. One Tnut is a little crooked - I must have angled the drill a bit. I'll probably leave that one a bit loose, rather than having the Tnut stick out of the little depression in the base. The other 3 are very snug. By the time I was done if was almost 9pm - 4 yr old was asleep. Can't run the saw...

Hopefully I'll get the guide set up tonight. Tomorrow I had already planned on picking up some Mahogany ply for a bookcase I'm building, so I'll get to test it.

Cool minor side note - the EZ saw guide fits on my Milwaukee saw well enough that I can leave it on the saw when I put it back in the saw case.

Gary, congrats on the guide! It is nice that the guide fits well enough to keep the saw in the case. Mine does as well!
    Jeff Sudmeier

"It's not the quality of the tool being used, it's the skills of the craftsman using the tool that really matter. Unfortunately, I don't have high quality in either"

Gary,

I got my EZ setup and working to include the router setup. It works GREAT and the router setup allows me to do dado cuts that I struggled with on my TS and now I have cut smoothly and very accurately dado's in plywood that fit like a glove with very clean edges on the veneers. Needless to say that I have fallen in love with a new and better way to do dado's and other things with the EZ setup.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.