Thread: Resaw blade for Rikon 10-325...1/2" or 3/4"

Resaw blade for Rikon 10-325...1/2" or 3/4"

Hi Everyone

I've decided to get a Woodslicer blade for resaw applications on my Rikon 10-325. Are you guys using 1/2" or 3/4" blades on this saw for this application?

TIA

George

1/2", for me, on my 14" G0555X w/riser block.

I think it's a subject of some debate, whether these 14 inchers will properly tension a 3/4" blade or not, but ... my results with the 1/2" ... are pretty outstanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil Brooks View Post
    my results with the 1/2" ... are pretty outstanding.
    I agree

I have the 1/2 on my Rikon 10-325, although I also have Carter micro adjustable guides and a Kreg fence installed on the saw. not sure how much they add over a saw without since I ordered and installed everything at the same time. I never used my Rikon with the stock blade, fence or guides.

Thanks guys. Gonna go with a 1/2" blade. I personally thougth 3/4" might be too aggressive for this saw to tension properly so gald to hear your getting great results out of the 1/2" blade.

A steel spined saw like the Rikon will be fine with a 3/4" blade especially one band made from thin gauge backer like the Woodslicer. Do your wallet a favor and order the Kerfmaster from Spectrum Supply, MUCH cheaper and make from the same bandstock. The also offer it in 5/8" so if you wish you could split it down the middle. Iturra Design also has the same bandstock priced in between the two.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Blog Entries
    I have used both on the Rikon and found them both sucessful. Rikon 14" with stock guides but Kreg fence.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"