Thread: RBI 220 Scroll Saw

RBI 220 Scroll Saw

Is there an attachment for a RBI scroll saw that will allow easy changes for the blade? Fret work with this saw is about impossible if you have to put the blade through the holes and then reattach. Hoping someone makes something that will work. Thanks for any help.

I see that some scroll saw makers have cut a slot through the table so that you can slip a blade with the holders attached into place. Barring that, the best thing is to buy a couple of bottom holders and put blades into them. Then when a blade breaks, you can thread the blade up from the bottom and slip the bottom holder into the spring clip. You still have to attach the blade to the top holder but that's easier.

I don't keep up with scroll saw work that well, but I think some people make quick release blade holders for the Hawk. Maybe someone who has more experience will comment.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Steve
    Check out http://www.pozsgaidesigns.com/page0006.htm they make some after market parts for the RBI saws. Does not work on the older models. have your SN handy. Tom